Brothers charged after fight at state office building in Annapolis

Two brothers from Cecil County were arrested following a fight in a Maryland delegate's Annapolis office on Monday, the last day of the General Assembly session.

Luke Uriah Kershner Horah, 25, and Jacob Deyman Kershner Horah, 19, both of Rising Sun, have been charged with multiple counts, including second-degree assault, intoxication, disorderly conduct, destruction of property and affray, according to online court records.

The fight occurred in Room 404 of the Lowe House Office Building, court records state. It is the same room assigned to Del. Mary-Dulany James, D-Harford, according to James' campaign website.

Luke Horah is identified as a legislative aide on the website.

James did not immediately respond for requests for comment. The brothers could not be immediately reached for this story.

Maryland Capitol Police, which is responsible for security at states office buildings, responded to the building at 6 Bladen St. shortly after 6:30 p.m. for a reported fight in progress.

An officer encountered Luke Horah and noticed his clothing was disheveled and covered in blood, court records show. He initially told the officer that he had been assaulted by a man who had fled the area.

A lookout for the suspect was broadcast and, while canvassing the area, police came upon Jacob Horah, according to court records.

Both brothers had bruised and bloody hands, police said.

Jacob Horan, who also suffered a laceration below his right eye, was taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center. Luke Horan refused medical treatment.

Luke Horah then told police his brother had fallen down a stairwell and cut his face. Luke was acting in a disorderly manner and was non-compliant with police orders, according to court records.

Police officers then found several lamps, phones and office equipment broken and blood stained in the office. Large amounts of blood were found on the flooring as well, court records state.

Police estimated the damage in the office totaled $1,000.

Court records do not indicate why the brothers got into the fight.

Luke Horan was arrested and taken to the Annapolis Police Department on Taylor Avenue for processing. Jacob Horah also was arrested, online court show.

The brothers were released on their own recognizance Monday night.