- Carroll County 4-H and FFA fair was back in full swing on Saturday after the pandemic caused last year’s fair to be closed to the public.
- The Hampstead native and North Carroll High graduate helped the United States claim silver in the inaugural mixed triathlon Saturday at Odaiba Marine Park in Tokyo Bay.
- A few years back, Westminster's Matthew Freyer returned to skateboarding for a more active lifestyle. Now, he has started Citadel Skateboarding Foundation, a nonprofit that focuses on community engagement and mentorship through skateboarding.
- Ever since the 1800s, the week at the end of July and the beginning of August has been the highlight of the agriculture community’s calendar because that is traditionally when the county agricultural fair has taken place in Carroll County.
- Business briefs: Hospital names monthly award winners; Health Department announces staff promotions
A staple of summer in Carroll County, the annual 4-H and FFA fair will return to “normal” this year after a truncated version was held in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Summer, a former military and police explosive detection dog from Mount Airy, was voted the top military dog in the 2021 American Humane Hero Dog Awards. She and six other finalists are now competing for the top title of American Hero Dog.
- A $1 million donation from a Carroll County family will help an area nonprofit serving the disabled offer better wages and training to support personnel, assisting it with a staffing crisis that has exacerbated during the COVID-19 pandemic.