- Save Point Arcade has become the go-to spot for video game enthusiasts in the region. Located in Union Bridge, Save Point features a donation-driven free-play arcade with more than 20 rotating games, and also buys, sells and refurbishes video games from every era.
- The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration is launching a $2.5 million project to upgrade the aging storm drain system on MD 851 in Sykesville.
- Century boys basketball clinched a 63-57 victory over Liberty behind a strong third quarter as head coach George Wunder earned his 300th victory.
Maryland’s state senators and delegates are moving forward with a new map for their districts for the next election, picking one favored by Democratic leaders and rejecting a proposal backed by Republican Gov. Larry Hogan.
- Eight Carroll County residents died this past week from in the last week due to the coronavirus, according to data from the Carroll County Health Department.
- Over the past three games, Century, which is 9-1, has beaten its opponents by an average of 25.3 points and is limiting opponents to just 29.9 points per game.
Sad, indeed, that insuring access and convenience to voting would not be a bipartisan effort by American politicians, regardless of political affiliation. Here we are in 2022 with our very access to democracy in question simply because one political party acts as if it only can win by restricting voting access for some Americans.
- Firefighters from Carroll and Frederick counties worked to extinguish a barn fire Monday on a farm in the 7300 block of Middleburg Road in Keymar. The blaze was reported at about 12:10 p.m., and was controlled after about two hours.
- The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Carroll County over the holiday weekend, warning citizens of impending snow, sleet and rain.