- Libby Trostle is a local craftsperson who grew up in the South Carroll area. Having discovered her love for crafting late in life, Trostle never considered herself a creative person.
- After being canceled last year due to the COVID pandemic, Westminster’s annual Fallfest returns Thursday for a four-day run. The 42nd edition of the popular celebration begins with a parade at 7 p.m. that starts on Pennsylvania Avenue and ends just below Westminster City Hall on Longwell Avenue.
- The team's defense flexed its muscle and the offense made just enough big plays to help Francis Scot Key stay unbeaten against Winters Mill Friday night.
- Carroll County Public Schools reported Friday that 803 close contact individuals are in quarantine because of possible COVID-19 exposure.
- With fall quickly approaching, Carroll County corn mazes are open for the season, providing residents with family-friendly challenges and entertainment.
As always, keep your eyes on the skies and on terra firma. There is a lot going on in the air and underfoot. Nature never rests.
- Carroll County business briefs: Norwood Ice Cream and Candy Company relocating; Tegeler earns financial professional honor; MREC welcomes new program director
With Maryland regulators drafting the rules for sports betting, some college athletics officials — and some oddsmakers — believe universities could do more to safeguard against leaks from campus that could affect schools’ images and credibility.