2 teens charged as adults in Skateworks gang rape

Two teens accused in the gang rape of a 12-year-old girl at the Woodlawn skating rink Saturday night have been charged as adults, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Kadeem R. Santiful, 17, and Tracey W. Hankins, 15, both of Baltimore, are accused of first-degree rape, first-degree sex offense and other charges in the attack at Skateworks.

Davon Perry, 24, of Pikesville had been charged previously with the same counts.

The girl told police Saturday that the trio had taken turns holding her down and raping her in a room used to store party supplies, and that they had forced her to perform sex acts on each of them.

Further details of the assault emerged Wednesday. A statement of probable cause released by the Baltimore County police says Hankins told a detective that he had sex with the girl but denied forcing her. Hankins said she "never told him to stop" and that he had "no idea" what the others did with her.

Santiful told police he "walked in" on Hankins and the girl having sex and that after Hankins left the room, he "allowed" the girl to perform a sexual act on him.

Perry denied ever having been in the storage room with the girl, said he had not performed any sexual acts with her and did not see anyone else doing so, according to the document.

The 12-year-old, interviewed at Franklin Square Hospital Center, told a detective that she and a girlfriend were at a party at the rink when "three male subjects approached them." Two grabbed the victim and "dragged her" into the storage room, while the third tried to pull her girlfriend elsewhere, according to the document.

After the attack, the girl dressed and found her friend, police said. The friend told police that they had been apart for 20 minutes and that the 12-year-old had been crying. They approached a police officer who was working overtime with the rink's security team, told him what had happened and pointed out the three defendants, who were arrested.

At the hospital, the girl "was visibly upset and on the verge of crying," the detective wrote. The girl was quoted as saying, "I told them to stop and they did not stop."

The document says the girl "became extremely upset and started to cry, and said, 'I want my mommy.'"

John P. Cox, a deputy state's attorney for Baltimore County, said the maximum sentence for first-degree rape and a first-degree sex offense is life in prison.