The 2013 edition of "The Best 377 Colleges," which goes on sale Tuesday, has 62 ranking lists based on surveys of 122,000 students during the last school year. Students answered 80 questions about academics, administration, campus life, the student body and themselves. These are their picks for the top 20 party and "stone-cold sober" campuses:
1. West Virginia University, Morgantown
2. University of Iowa, Iowa City
3. Ohio University, Athens
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
5. University of Georgia, Athens
6. University of Florida, Gainesville
7. University of California-Santa Barbara
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee
9. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford
10. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
11. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
12. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
13. University of Wisconsin-Madison
14. University of Mississippi
15. University of Texas-Austin
16. University of Maryland, College Park
17. University of South Carolina, Columbia
18. James Madison University, Harrisonburg Va.
19. University of Maine, Orono
20. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Stone-cold sober schools
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
4. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
5. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
6. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
7. City University of New York-Brooklyn College
8. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
9. Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
10. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
11. City University of New York-City College
12. City University of New York-Queens-Hunter College, Flushing, N.Y.
13. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
14. Agnes Scott College, Atlanta-Decatur, Ga.
15. Simmons College, Boston
16. U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
17. Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
18. Becker College, Worcester, Mass.
19. Cooper Union for the Advancement of New York
20. California State University-Stanislaus, Turlock, Calif.