Two people were injured in an explosion at a Maryland home Tuesday morning, fire officials said.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue crews were called to a home in Laytonsville for a report of an explosion just before 8 a.m. and found the home collapsed, news outlets reported. One person trapped under debris was freed and flown to a hospital with severe injuries, officials said. A second person was also taken to a hospital.
The explosion was caused by propane, department spokesman Pete Piringer said.
Images posted to social media show the partially collapsed home with many windows blown out.