A 67-year-old woman died and her husband was in critical condition after both were pulled from a fire in their Baltimore County home Thursday morning, fire officials said.
Fire personnel were dispatched before 8 a.m. to the 3200 block of Ryerson Circle in Lansdowne, officials said. First responders reported smoke coming from a bedroom window. Fire personnel removed both victims from the home, officials said.
Nobody else was in the home at the time of the fire, officials said.
Initially, fire officials said both residents were in critical condition. On Thursday afternoon fire officials said the woman had died.
County officials identified her as Susan Jeanne Fox Shipley. Her 71-year-old husband was taken to St. Agnes Hospital and later to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, officials said.