Rare cars and boxing regalia stolen from Gervonta Davis’ Florida home, lawyer says

Thank you for supporting our journalism. This article is available exclusively for our subscribers, who help fund our work at The Baltimore Sun.

Boxing regalia and rare cars were stolen from Gervonta Davis’ Florida home last weekend, according to court documents filed by his attorney Michael Tomko.

On Thursday, June 1, Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Althea M. Handy ordered Davis into custody in the Baltimore Central Booking & Intake Center for violating the terms of his home detention by moving into a hotel and a condominium instead of the address he gave at sentencing for a 2020 hit-and-run case.


Late that night or in the early morning hours of Friday, June 2, Tomko said Davis’ Florida home was robbed.

“Mr. Davis’ Florida home was burglarized, ransacked, and a significant amount of personal belongings, including prized boxing regalia, stolen,” Tomko wrote in documents filed June 5. “Stolen, as well, were several collector automobiles.”


Online court records list Davis’ residence in Coral Gables, Florida. However, the street address and zip code instead match a residence in nearby Parkland, Florida, a Miami suburb in Broward County. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office confirmed in an email Thursday they are investigating a June 2 burglary on Davis’ block.

Baltimore boxing champion Gervonta Davis arrives at the Elijah Cummings Courthouse on May 5 for his sentencing on charges stemming from a November 2020 hit-and-run crash that left four people injured.

On May 5, Handy sentenced Davis to serve 90 days of detention on house arrest after he pleaded guilty February to leaving the scene of an accident involving bodily injury, failing to notify an owner of property damage, driving on a suspended license and running a red light. Police and prosecutors say he had gotten behind the wheel of a Lamborghini and diverted from his police escort before running a red light and crashing into a 2004 Toyota Solara. Davis fled, and four occupants of the Toyota were hospitalized for cuts, bruises and sprains.

The judge agreed to let Davis complete his 90-day sentence in the East Baltimore home of his trainer Calvin Ford. Davis instead moved into the Four Seasons and then a condominium he bought in Locust Point.

Tomko argues that Davis could not stay with Ford because of security concerns.

“Within just hours after sentencing, multiple local and national media outlets had published that Mr. Davis would be staying at the trainer’s residence,” Tomko wrote in court documents filed June 2. “Locations must be scouted out in advance, but threats are real, and just one undiagnosed threat could ruin a career. Housing a person of notoriety in an environment where violence and drug dealing are second nature is simply dangerous.”

Davis won the biggest fight of his career April 22 when he stopped previously undefeated Ryan Garcia with a body shot in the seventh round. He moved to 29-0 with the victory and cemented his status as boxing’s top young attraction, drawing a sellout crowd to Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena and about 1.2 million pay-per-view buys, according to Sports Business Journal.