An Eastport apartment fire displaced 10 people and sent another to the hospital early Saturday morning.
The Annapolis Fire Department rescued three people from the balcony of a third-story apartment at the 1200 block of Madison Street about 2:48 a.m., according to department spokesman Nathan Powell. One of the rescued individuals was transported to a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire, which started in the kitchen of the rear unit on the third level of the garden-style apartment building has been ruled accidental, according to Powell.
"We have nothing more definitive than accidental at this time," he said.
The preliminary damage is $75,000, according to Powell.
In addition to the Red Cross, the Housing Authority and City of Annapolis, are assisting residents of the complex who were displaced.