Juvenile charged with making threats to Towson High School, charges pending against second juvenile

A juvenile suspect has been charged in connection with recent threats against Towson High School, and charges are pending against a second juvenile, Baltimore County Police said Saturday.

Towson High received two online threats in November. Though police determined the threats were unsubstantiated, they increased their presence at the school out of an abundance of caution.


Police were at the school last week after several members of the staff and the Towson Sports Boosters received an email that alleged “explosives have been placed” in the school building, Principal Charlene DiMino said in a post to parents Nov. 30.

Police earlier had said a person or entity outside the United States sent a shooting threat to students and staff Nov. 17.


On Saturday, police said detectives from the Towson Precinct and Criminal Investigations Bureau have identified and charged one juvenile suspect with multiple recent threatening messages targeting the school. Because the suspect is a juvenile, police provided no additional information about the suspect. The charges are related to all the recent threats that have occurred at the high school, police spokesperson Trae Corbin said in an email.

Police said charges are pending against a second juvenile suspect in North Carolina.

Investigators believe the suspects made the threats intending to incriminate an uninvolved juvenile.

“I’m extremely proud of work done by the Baltimore County Police Department in making these charges and getting to the bottom of the concerning situation at Towson High School,” Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski Jr. said in a statement Saturday. “Any threat of violence is reprehensible, especially when targeted at a school community.”

DiMino, the school’s principal, said Saturday in an email to the high school community that Towson High will continue to offer support to students and staff.

“We want to thank [Baltimore County Police] for their partnership and are grateful that they have brought this case to a close,” DiMino said.