The State Highway Administration has scheduled routine inspections on the Baltimore Beltway within four bridges on the Interstate-695/Interstate-70 interchange. The work takes place over the next two weekends in Baltimore County from Sept. 11-12; and Sept. 18-19.
Ramp closures with detours will be in effect between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., according to a news release.
Weather permitting, the anticipated schedule is as follows:
Saturday, Sept. 11
• Ramp closure: Westbound I-70 to southbound I-695.
• Detour: Drivers should take westbound I-70 to northbound I-695 (Inner Loop) to Exit 18B, westbound Route 26 (Liberty Road) through interchange and take ramp to southbound I-695 (Outer Loop).
Sunday, Sept. 12
• Ramp closure: Eastbound I-70 to northbound I-695 (Inner Loop).
• Detour: Drivers should take eastbound I-70 to the park and ride lot, turn around to westbound I-70, and past ramps to Security Boulevard.
Saturday, Sept. 18
• Ramp closure: Southbound I-695 (Outer Loop) to eastbound I-70.
• Detour: Drivers should take southbound I-695 to Exit 15A — eastbound Route 40 (Baltimore National Pike), immediately merge all the way to the left, turn left onto northbound I-695 (Inner Loop), and follow to eastbound I-70.
Sunday, Sept. 19
• Ramp closure: Northbound I-695 (Inner Loop) to westbound I-70.
• Detour: Drivers should take eastbound I-70 to park and ride lot and turn around to westbound I-70.
These bridges are inspected every two years and the last inspection was performed in summer 2019. In the event of inclement weather, the bridges will be inspected on the next possible Saturday or Sunday morning.
Latest Baltimore County
Drivers should be aware of reduced speed limits, as well as other driving pattern changes, according to the SHA.