Submit notices via email: Arbutustimes@patuxent.com; fax: 410-332-6336; or mail: Arbutus Times, 501 N. Calvert St., Third Floor, Baltimore, MD 21278. Include sponsor or host, date, time, address of event, contact name and phone number. Deadline is noon the Thursday before publication.
Monday bingo — 12:30 p.m. American Legion Dewey Lowman Post 109, 1610 Sulphur Spring Road. 410-242-5956.
Monday bingo — 7:15 p.m. Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department, 5200 Southwestern Blvd. Doors open 5:30 p.m. 410-242-6601.
Thursday bingo — 7:15 p.m. Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department, 5200 Southwestern Blvd. Doors open 5:30 p.m. 410-242-6601.
Friday bingo — 7:30 p.m. Our Lady of Victory School, 4416 Wilkens Ave. 410-242-3688.
Saturday bingo — 6:15 p.m. St. Benedict Church hall, 2612 Wilkens Ave. 410-947-4988.
Saturday bingo — 7:15 p.m. Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department, 5200 Southwestern Blvd. Doors open 5:30 p.m. 410-242-6601.
American Legion August Raveio Post 195 — 2603 Virginia Ave. hosts the following. 410-789-6266.
• Friday dinner and music, 5-11 p.m.
• Karaoke, Saturdays, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
American Legion Dewey Lowman Post 109 — 1610 Sulphur Spring Road. 410-242-5956.
• Meets third Tuesdays, 8 p.m. New members welcome.
• Memorial Day Observance at the flag pole, East Drive and Sulphur Spring Road in Arbutus, May 30, 10:30 a.m.
Carroll Park Ladies Golf League — openings for women of all ages and skill levels. Rosemary, 410-247-1502.
Catonsville Lions Club — meets second and fourth Wednesdays, 7 p.m. at Duesenberg's, 10 Mellor Ave., Catonsville. 410-536-0064.
Catonsville Toastmasters Club — meets second and fourth Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., St. John's United Church of Christ, 1000 S. Rolling Road, Room 202. 410-245-6100.
Civil Air Patrol — Fort McHenry Squadron meets Tuesdays, 7-9 p.m., Maryland Army National Guard Armory, 103 Mellor Ave. Maj. Barth, 301-518-0046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pack and Troop 337 — meets at Holy Nativity Lutheran Church, 1200 Linden Ave. Special needs unit welcomes boys ages 6-21, regardless of type or severity of disability. No fee for joining. Tim or Rosie Mills, 410-719-1102.
Ravens Roost 15 — meets second Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m., Spirits West, 2601 Wilkens Ave. 410-525-3118.
Ravens Roost 68 — meets fourth Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Johnson's Highland Inn, 4117 Annapolis Road. http://ravensroost68.homestead.com/game.html.
Ravens Roost 97 — meets third Tuesdays, 7:15 p.m., Center Court, 5507 Selma Ave. JimMcCain@ravensroost97.com.
Riverview Community Association — meets second Thursdays, 6:30 p.m., Head Start Building, 3290 Kessler Road. 410-242-9156.
SETA — Singles Enjoying the Arts, for adults to share cultural activities in a friendly atmosphere Fridays-Sundays. http://www.setarts.com or 410-668-1298 before 10 p.m.
Maryland State Department of Education — has federal funds to assist public and private nonprofit agencies in providing free meals and snacks to children available through Summer Food Service Program. Application deadline May 27. 410-767-0225 or http://www.mdsummermeals.org.
Free Benefits Screening — St. Clement's Catholic Church, 2700 Washington Ave., Wednesdays, 4-7 p.m.; and Saturdays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. 410-261-5824.
Preschool Pals — Halethorpe Elementary School rec center, 4300 Maple Ave., ages 3-5. Sessions 9:30 a.m.-noon. Monthly fee $200 for five days a week, $160 for four days, $120 three days and $80 two days. 410-887-1449.
Baltimore County Master Gardener Program — University of Maryland, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville. Classes begin Sept. 9, Fridays, for 10 weeks, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Kriss Cocoros, 410-771-1934 or email@example.com.
Blue Jean Ball Raffle — to benefit Maryland Food Bank continues through May 30. Tickets $10 each or 12 for $100. Prize is $1,000 gift card to Wegmans. http://bit.ly/2011bjbraffle or http://www.mdfoodbank.org.
P.J. Schafer Memorial Golf Tournament — to benefit the Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease and Sudden Cardiac Death, Compass Pointe Golf Course, June 16. Silent auction and dinner available. http://www.pjschafer.com or 410 750-0737.
Free Breakfast — hosted by Holy Nativity Lutheran Church, 1200 Linden Ave., Arbutus, third Saturdays, 9-11 a.m. for everyone in community. Shawn Noratel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dinner — third Fridays, 6-9 p.m., English Consul Volunteer Fire Department, 2827 Michigan Ave. $8 for ages 12 and older, $6 for younger than 12. 410-636-4433.
Health and Fitness
Free Blood Pressure Screening — first and third Tuesdays, 12:30-2:30 p.m., St. Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Ave. 410-368-3218.
Used Wigs Needed — Ribbons of Comfort collecting gently used wigs to benefit the St. Agnes Cancer Center. Lee Connelly, 410-944-3239.
Low Impact Aerobics — classes hosted by St. Stephen Lutheran Church, 901 Courtney Road, Mondays and Thursdays, 6:45-7:55 p.m. June 6-July 28. $60 for eight weeks. 410-788-1459.
Arbutus Library — 855 Sulphur Spring Road. 410-887-1451.
Wednesdays: 4 youth by youth, ages 11-17, 4 p.m.
Baby Boosters Story Time, ages up to 23 months, May 18, stories, music, movement and rhymes. Registration required, 10:30 a.m.
Lansdowne Library — 500 Third Ave. 410-887-5602.
Mondays: Pajama story times, ages 2-5, 7 p.m.
Thursdays: Fun food fest, for teens, 2:30 p.m.
Thursdays: Teen gaming, ages 11-17, 3 p.m.
Saturdays: Preschool story time, ages 2-5, 1 p.m.
Music and Theater
Accordion Heroes Concert — presented by Maryland Accordion Club, Bloomsbury Community Center, 106 Bloomsbury Ave., Catonsville, May 21, 7 p.m. Joe, 410-744-3352.
Maryland Youth Symphony Orchestra — holding auditions for 2011-2012 season, at CCBC-Catonsville, June 4 and 11. Auditions by appointment only. http://www.myso.info or 410-442-5645.
Camp Hosts Needed — Patapsco Valley State Park Hilton and Hollofield campgrounds need camp hosts through October. Training provided. Maegan Cooper, 410-465-3287 or email@example.com.
Hilton Nature Center — Patapsco Valley State Park hosts Little Shoots: Tree Tales, ages 2-4, May 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Learn parts of a tree and search for leaf shapes, feel bark textures, smell a tree and make leaf rubbings to take home. $3. 410-461-5005 to sign up. http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp.
Patapsco Valley Republican Club — meets second Thursdays, Bloomsbury Community Center, 106 Bloomsbury Ave., Room 108. http://www.patapscovalleygop.org.
Southwest Baltimore County Democrats — meets last Mondays, 7:30 p.m., Bloomsbury Community Center, 106 Bloomsbury Ave., Room 118. Kibby Rada, 410-747-6712.
Lansdowne High School — Class of 1990 planning a reunion. Mindy, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-305-7788.
Lansdowne High School — Class of 1971, 40-year reunion, Oct. 1, 7-11 p.m., Snyder's Willow Grove Restaurant. $40 includes hot and cold buffet, cash bar, and disc jockey. http://www.71lhsreunion.weebly.com.
Catonsville High School — Class of 1961 looking for classmates for 50-year reunion, Sept. 17, Rolling Road Golf Club. Carol Colton McCanna, 410-744-7696.
Catonsville High School — Class of 1962 looking for classmates for 50-year reunion in 2012. Ellen Blume Prager, 410-744-6970; or Barbara Armetta Marriott, 410-489-2757.
Catonsville High School — Class of 1966, 45-year reunion, June 11. Gail Buffington Gough, 410-788-4881.
Catonsville High School — Class of 1981 looking for classmates for Sept. 17 reunion. Send contact information to email@example.com.
Rolling Hills Woman's Club of Catonsville — 75-year reunion, Charlestown City Lights, Oct. 10, 11 a.m. Former members invited. 410-747-8591.
St. Mark's, Catonsville — Class of 1965 looking for classmates for 46-year reunion, Oct. 29, Rolling Road Golf Club, Joan Costello, firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mail and Internet Basic Skills — weekdays, 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m., Arbutus United Methodist Church, 1201 Maple Ave. Free. Mary Lee Nevitt, 410-744-1075.
Arbutus Senior Center — 855A Sulphur Spring Road. 410-887-1410.
• Free Movies: second and fourth Monday, 1 p.m.
• Pinochle: Mondays and Thursdays, 1-3 p.m.
• Chess: Tuesdays, 12:45 p.m.
• Bingo: Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m.
• Play the Wii: Weekdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Games: Thursdays, 10 a.m.-noon.
• Needlecrafts: Friday, 10 a.m.
• Bridge Players needed Thursday or Friday mornings. Call to sign up.
• Chair exercise class for those 60 and older, Mondays, 11-11:45 a.m. Call to register.
• Anna Dorothy Zink, RN leads a discussion on heroes, May 27, 12:45-1:45 p.m. RSVP by May 25.
• Make your own ice cream sundae or root beer float, May 31, 12:45-1:45 p.m. RSVP by May 27.
• Penny Pincher's Club: Third Wednesdays, 12:45-1:45 p.m.
• Line Dancing, Chair Yoga, Yoga, Low Impact Aerobics, Tai Chi. Register for new classes, June 1-10.
• Water Color Painting Class, June 2 and 9, 10 a.m.-noon. RSVP by May 31.
• Trip to Wegman's, Sears, Five Below, Greetings and Readings, Ritz Camera, Claire's, Plow and Hearth plus other stores and restaurants, June 6, 9:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. $6. RSVP by June 1.
• Fitness Studio Meeting, June 7, 12:30 p.m. RSVP by June 4.
• BCDA Nutrition Department will talk about "Not Inviting Pests to Your Summer Events", June 9, 11 a.m. RSVP by June 7.
• OPC Energy Choice, June 9, 12:45 p.m. Presentation by Office of People's Counsel. RSVP by June 7.
• Travel Meeting, June 10, 10:30 a.m.
•Movie and Popcorn, June 13 and 27, 1 p.m.
• Meditation Demonstration. June 14, 10:30 a.m. RSVP by June 10.
• Flag Day Luncheon, June 14, noon. Entertainment by Let Us Entertain You, 1 p.m. Suggested donation is $2.50. RSVP by June 9.
• Tap Dance Demonstration, June 15, 1 p.m. RSVP by June 13.
• Father's Day Party, June 20, noon. Suggested donation is $2.50. RSVP by June 16.
• Laminate Business Card Documents. June 20, 10 a.m.-noon.
• Bob Johnston will show us his orchid collection, June 20, 10-11 a.m. RSVP by June 18.
• Blood Pressure Screening, June 20, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sponsored by St. Agnes Hospital.
• Discussion on "How Summer Heat Can Take a Toll on Your Food", June 21, 11 a.m. RSVP by June 19.
• Create Your Own Memory Book With Photos and Words, June 21, 12:45 p.m. RSVP by June 17.
• Paul Kin will talk about "Presidential Pain...the Little Known Illnesses, Infirmities and Deaths of Chief Executives, June 22, 12:45 p.m. RSVP by June 20.
• Learn about the Senior Smile Dental program, June 22, 12:45 p.m. Presented by the Baltimore County Department of Aging. RSVP by June 20.
• Director of the Peers Program will talk about "Emotional Safety and Reclaiming Your Power," June 23, 12:45 p.m. RSVP by June 21.
• Self Defense Class, June 24, 10:30 a.m.-noon. RSVP by June 10.
• Mystery Picnic, June 27, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. $15 includes food and transportation. RSVP by June 21.
• Lunch Bunch goes to a Mystery Restaurant. June 28, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. RSVP by June 21. $6 for transportation.
• Cupcake Decorating, June 29, 9:30-11:30 a.m. $5. RSVP by June 24.
• Historical Places in Baltimore County, June 9, 12:45 p.m., by Denny Lynch. RSVP by June 27.
Lansdowne Baltimore Highlands Senior Center — 424 Third Ave., Lansdowne, hosts the following. 410-887-1443. Register at front desk.
• Ice Cream Social, June 2, 1 p.m. Create your own sundae. $1.
• Senior Center Council Meeting, June 4, 1 p.m.
• Fellowship Breakfast, June 8, 9 a.m. $3.
• Understanding Your Medicare, June 13, 12:45 p.m. Free.
• Home Safe Home, June 15, 11 a.m. Learn how to take precautions to ensure a living environment. No fee.
• Father's Day Celebration, June 16, noon. Special lunch and entertainment. Donation for lunch.
• Hearing Evaluation, June 20, 1-3 p.m. Free.
• Blood Pressure Screenings, June 21, 10 a.m. Provided by St. Agnes Hospital. Free
• Emotional Safety, June 27, 12:45 p.m., an interactive discussion on developing skills to foster relationships. Free.
Alzheimer's Support Group — meets first Tuesdays, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Brightview Assisted Living, 912 S. Rolling Road. 410-788-5001 or http://www.brightviewseniorliving.com.
American War Mothers Maryland's Star Spangled Chapter 1 — meets first Sundays. Friends and family members welcome. 301-924-2627 or 410-242-4659.
Ankylosing Sponylitis — third Wednesdays, Catonsville Senior Center, 501 N. Rolling Road. Stuart Merenbloom, 410-869-4157.
Family Support Groups — for those affected by leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and MDS meets third Tuesdays, St. Agnes Cancer Center. 410-527-0220.
Heart Patients Support Group — meets second Tuesdays, noon and fourth Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m., St. Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Ave. 410-368-2246.
Hepatitis C Support Group — meets second Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., St. Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Ave. Free. 866-690-9355.
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society — and St. Agnes Cancer Center Support Group meets third Mondays, 7 p.m., Catonsville Presbyterian Church, 1400 Frederick Road. Jen, 410-368-2970.
Lighthouse Youth and Family Counseling Center — offers social skills groups for ages 6-12 with autism spectrum disorders, Aspbergers, Down syndrome, attention deficit disorders. 60 Mellor Ave. 410-788-5483.
MS Support Group — meets second Saturdays in area, 10 a.m.-noon, Lyn, 410-747-6540.
St. Agnes Stepping Stones — holistic breast cancer support group meets first Thursdays, St. Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Ave. Mary, 410-368-2306.
Stroke Support and Wellness Group — meets second Wednesdays, 2:30-4 p.m., St. Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Ave. Eileen, 410-368-3246.
Arbutus Senior Center — looking for volunteers to prepare taxes in 2012. Free training. Basic computer experience required. Pat, 410-644-3701.
Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department — needs volunteers in administrative and emergency operations, 5200 Southwestern Blvd. Monthly social hour, first Wednesdays, 7 p.m. http://www.arbutusvfd.org.
KidsPeace — therapeutic foster care organization needs families and individuals to give guidance and stable homes to children and teens. Receive training, support, financial reimbursement and 24-hour support. 410-964-9329 or http://www.fostercare.com.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland — needs volunteers to deliver meals from distribution site, Catonsville United Methodist Church, 6 Melvin Ave. Dejanelle, 443-573-0926 or email@example.com.
Y of Central Maryland — seeks volunteers for youth mentoring program. Work with at-risk youth ages 6-18. Must be at least 23 years old and complete 21 hours of training. Michelle, 410-728-0945, ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baltimore County Department of Aging Home Team — needs volunteers to help homebound seniors. 410-887-4141 or email@example.com.
CASA of Baltimore County — needs volunteer court appointed special advocates and mentors. Must be 21 years old, complete 30 hours of pre-service training, undergo background check and be willing to make a commitment of at least one year. Male volunteers especially needed. 410-828-0515 or http://www.casabaltco.org.
Assist Seniors — volunteers needed to help select a prescription plan during Medicare Part D Fall Enrollment from Oct. 15-Dec. 7. Training classes begin in June. Computer skills required. 410-887-2059.