Baltimore County

Maryland medical examiner working to identify woman who died in White Marsh house fire

A firefighter surveys the charred remains at the back of a townhouse at 29 Wolf Trap Court in White Marsh. A woman died in the Sunday morning two-alarm fire, which Battalion Chief Robert Kemp said was called in at 3:44 a.m. The blaze caused smoke and fire damage to two adjacent townhouses, displacing one person. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

The Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is working to identify the body of a woman who was severely burned during an intense, two-alarm house fire in White Marsh on Sunday.

The Baltimore County Fire Department released on Monday more details about the blaze that tore through three town homes around 3:44 a.m. Fire officials said the woman was trapped inside a town house at 29 Wolf Trap Court that was engulfed in flames and soon collapsed. The fire started on the deck at the rear of the house and spread to two neighboring units, fire investigators said, but the cause is still undetermined.


Soon after arriving, firefighters entered the town house where the woman was reported trapped, but they had to retreat before the home collapsed. Fire officials upgraded the blaze to a second alarm, which brings more personnel and equipment, about 10 minutes after the initial call. The department’s tactical rescue team responded to stabilize the house’s interior and search for the woman, who was located on the first floor in a front room. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

A firefighter tosses debris as he sifts through the charred remains in the back of a townhouse in Nottingham. One person died in the Sunday morning, two-alarm fire, which Battalion Chief Robert Kemp said was called in at 3:44 a.m.

Fire investigators estimate the fire caused about $750,000 in damages.


The inferno spread and caused smoke, water and fire damage to two adjacent town houses. One person was displaced and was being helped by the American Red Cross, according to the fire department. The other house was vacant at the time of the fire.

Firefighters controlled the blaze about a half-hour later, at 4:35 a.m.

The department previously reported the address as the 2900 block of Wolf Trap Court.

Firefighters arrived at 3:55 a.m. to a fire at 29 Wolf Trap Court.