Advertisement
Baltimore County

Randallstown woman dies after electric blanket causes fire in house without heat, Baltimore County Fire Department says

A 61-year-old woman who was trapped inside a burning house in Randallstown died Monday, the Baltimore County Fire Department said.

Firefighters arrived around 9:40 a.m. at the 4100 block of Powells Run Road and found the victim, Kim Marie Wilson, suffering from cardiac arrest on the second floor. Emergency medical service took her to Northwest Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Advertisement

Fire investigators determined the fire was accidentally caused by a malfunctioning electric blanket. The only heat in the house was provided by electric space heaters and an electric blanket, the fire department said. The fire was located on the first floor of the house.


Advertisement