Transformer explosion causes fire at Good Samaritan Hospital campus
By By Nayana Davis and The Baltimore Sun
May 27, 2014 | 9:50 AM
A transformer explosion resulted in a single-alarm fire early Tuesday morning at the Good Samaritan Hospital campus.
The fire, which was reported at 8:05 a.m., was quickly contained and did not spread to the main hospital, said Ian Brennan, a spokesman for the Baltimore City Fire Department. No injuries were reported.
Baltimore Gas & Electric Company crews are on scene working to repair the transformer, Brennan said. The hospital, located in the 5600 block of Loch Raven Boulevard, is using a back-up power generator in the meantime.