Residents whose pharmacies were damaged can call 311 for assistance

Residents whose pharmacies were damaged in recent Baltimore protests can get help through 311.

Residents whose pharmacies were damaged in recent protests can call 311 to learn where they can have their prescriptions, city health officials said.

Ten retail pharmacies were closed, including two CVS stores that burned, and eight Rite Aids that were damaged. Health officials said residents who have prescriptions filled at those pharmacies should call 311 for help finding the nearest open pharmacy, or get help getting prescriptions delivered by mail, or delivered to the city's Druid Health Clinic.

"Our residents need to get medical care they need, which includes life-sustaining medications," said Dr. Leana Wen, the city's health commissioner in a statement Friday.. "We will do everything possible so that seniors and other vulnerable citizens receive their prescription medications."

A CVS spokesman said the company hasn't decided whether to reopen two stores that were badly damaged in Monday.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad