Even though they weren't born when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, young activists say his legacy still lives on in their work.
The Rev. Marcus Garvey Wood, of Baltimore, is the last living member of Martin Luther King Jr.’s first graduate school class — a group of young men who graduated from the Crozer Theological Seminary outside Philadelphia in 1951.
Fifty years after the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, the anniversary of his death is marked with marches, speeches and quiet reflection.
The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. on April 4, 1968, lead to unrest, protests, looting, fires and rioting that tore Baltimore apart. The Sun was there, to capture the unrest and destruction that forever changed Baltimore City. Here are some of The Sun’s pages and pictures from those days.
The 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dr. King has come and gone, but several commemorative events remain on next week's calendar.
Leslie Stanton was working at Royal Restaurant on West Street when the announcement came over the radio: “Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was shot and killed in Memphis, Tennessee.”
People with ties to Harford County remember where they were 50 years ago when they heard about the assassination of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King was assassinated 50 years ago April 4, changing the course of the Civil Rights movement. Some Baltimoreans recall how it altered their directions.
Martin Luther King, Jr. died on April 4, 1968 — 50 years later, key figures in Baltimore's history reflect on that period in history.
More than 1,000 stores and businesses were torched, damaged, looted or destroyed. Fifty years later, the singularity of what happened in the days after the assassination of the civil rights leader remains.
The executive producer of the forthcoming HBO documentary "King In The Wilderness" traces the Civil Rights Movement at the time of MLK's death to its echoes today.
In the aftermath of the Rev. Martin Luther King's death 50 years ago this week, black pro and college athletes in Baltimore steered loved ones out of harm’s way, avoided giving in to their anger or, in some cases, simply went about their business.
Baltimore’s photographers were on the front lines during the four days and three nights of rioting in which six people were killed and 700 injured. Here are their stories.