Days of protest after Freddie Gray's death

Freddie Gray, 25, died on April 19 — a week after he was injured while being arrested by Baltimore police. Video of the arrest surfaced, protests have broken out and an investigation into his death is under way. And now, the city is reacting.

Saturday, April 24

Protestors shatter a police cruiser

— Colin Campbell (@cmcampbell6) April 25, 2015

Friday, April 24

Thursday, April 23: Multiple protests continue around the city.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake offered liberal leave to city staffers in anticipation of afternoon protests at City Hall. There was also an earlier protest around lunchtime in West Baltimore. Late afternoon, hundreds of protesters marched around City Hall, and from there to the Inner Harbor, Federal Hill and the Western District police station. They chanted, "No justice, no peace."

Wednesday, April 22: Protests continue with demonstrations at the Western District and City Hall.

Although there were fewer protesters than the previous day, tensions were at times higher. One protester was detained outside the Western District police station; later, a group blocked traffic through downtown and marched toward the ramp onto the northbound Jones Falls Expressway from Gay Street.

Tuesday, April 21: The fourth straight night of demonstrations in the city.

The crowd chanted, prayed and demanded changes. Dirt bikers revved their engines and popped wheelies as they chugged through throngs of people, sending some scurrying. Mounted police and uniformed officers formed lines to keep control as camera crews filmed.

"Baltimore is on the map, nationally," City Councilwoman Sharon Green Middleton said during an afternoon hearing with police. "It's time for God to be with all of us and keep us safe and in prayer."

Monday, April 20: Protests unfold at police headquarters and City Hall.

Protests continued, demanding the police commissioner to address them. Leaders from the Baltimore chapter of the NAACP and the Baltimore City chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference were in attendance.

Sunday, April 19: Protests resume at the Western District.

Gray died in the early morning, and by noon it was national headlines. An attorney for the Gray family released a statement saying the man's spine was 80 percent severed. View video from the protests.

Saturday, April 18

Days after Freddie Gray was hospitalized and in a coma, protests erupted outside the Western District police station. At approximately 7 a.m. the next day, Gray died at Shock Trauma.