The MVA eliminating parallel parking as a driver's test requirement got some folks so worked up one might have thought they'd gotten a parking ticket. "If I learned it, so should today's new drivers!" many reasoned.
We'll have to take you at your word that you retained that learning. As for the knowledge portion of the driver's test, we're giving you a chance to prove it. Are you as good a driver as you think you are? Try these five sample questions from the MVA's website and find out.
1. If your vehicle begins to skid, you should
- Ease up on the gas pedal
- Brake as hard as possible
- Turn off the ignition
2. This road sign means
- Steep grade ahead
- The road ahead winds with a series of turns or curves
- Slippery when wet
3. MVA will suspend the license of any driver with a BAC test result of
4. When displayed on the rear of the vehicle, the sign shown indicates
- The vehicle is being drawn by an animal
- The vehicle is traveling 25 mph or less
- The vehicle makes sudden stops
5. Looking at the diagram, which vehicles are required to stop for a school bus on a two-lane road?
- A, B & C
- A only
- B & C