After freezing their tails off over the weekend due to high winds and single digit temperatures, Marylanders can now look froward to several snowy days. Snow is expected to start this evening and continue into Tuesday with accumulations between 4 and 8 inches. Today, temperatures will top out at 21, and will fall to an overnight low of 14. Winds will be out of the west northwest at 6 to 12 mph.
Get the latest on delays for this morning's commute from baltimoresun.com.
FROM LAST NIGHT
- Six fallen firefighters were honored Sunday on the 60th anniversary of the nine-alarm Tru-Fit Clothing Co. fire in the 500 block of E. Baltimore St. that took their lives.
- The body found inside a burned home in Baltimore's Coppin Heights neighborhood was that of an adult male who had been shot multiple times, Baltimore police said Sunday.
- Maryland motorists are paying three cent more at the pump than a week ago, reported AAA Mid-Atlantic. Regular unleaded gas is now $2.22 a gallon.
FROM TODAY'S FRONT PAGE
- Jason C. Hendrix, 16, who was killed Saturday morning by Baltimore County police officers after he opened fire on them, is suspected of killing his family in Corbin, Ky.
- Frank M. Conaway Sr., the longtime clerk of the Baltimore Circuit Court who was a fixture on the local political scene, died Sunday morning in his sleep. He was 81.
- Some state lawmakers are hopeful the stars are aligned for Maryland to change the way it draws its political districts -- a process that has resulted in some of the most convoluted maps in America.