It's time for The Sun's 2015 Holiday Cookie Contest
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:00 AM
The Sun's annual Holiday Cookie Contest is upon us, and this year we're shaking things up with online voting to select the finalists.
Here's how it will work:
• Submit your original recipe online at baltimoresun.com/cookies and include a short essay - no more than 200 words - and a photograph of your cookie.
• Along with ingredients and detailed instructions, your entry should include the story behind the recipe and why it's important to you or your family. How long have you been using this recipe? Was it handed down to you? Any funny story behind it? Please do not send recipes that are simply copies of an already-published recipe.
• Please include your phone number and town of residence. We are only accepting entries from readers within a 50-mile radius of The Sun's downtown offices.
• If you are chosen as a finalist, you will need to bake your cookies and bring them to our downtown offices on Monday, Nov. 16 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. (You may designate someone to drop them off; the baker need not come in person.)
• Cookies will be judged on taste and appearance.
• Up to six entries will be selected as winners and will be photographed for our Cookie Contest article.