Established under the name Gino's in 1959 and named for its co-founder, the Baltimore Colt Hall of Fame defensive end Gino Marchetti, the restaurant franchise moved its headquarters to King of Prussia, Pa., before being purchased by the Marriott Corp. The last of the original Gino's closed in 1991.
The chain was revived by a group of former Gino's executives as Gino's Burgers & Chicken. The first store opened in November 2010 in King of Prussia. The first Maryland location for the rebooted franchise opened in August 2011 in Towson. A Bel Air store followed, and plans were announced in August for three Harford County locations.