Faidley's storied crab cake will compete for the title of best sandwich in America on a new Travel Channel show debuting on June 6.
In eleven episodes, "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" will introduce viewers to 30 iconic sandwiches in 27 cities. Faidley's crabcake will represent Baltimore in an episode in the Mid-Atlantic episode, which is tentatively schedule to air on June 27.
Using his own BITE SCALE (B=Bread, I=Interior, T=Taste, E=Eating Experience), Richman samples and judges the three most mouthwatering masterpieces a region has to offer. After naming a regional favorite in 10 geographical locales, each winning sandwich moves to the finals, to face off against each other and two secret wildcards – earning a chance to compete in the ultimate national championship – and fight for the title of "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America."
Richman came to Lexington Market on March 17 to tape the Faidley episode.
Here's the list of 30 sandwiches Richman's show will feature.
• Austin, Texas (The Noble Pig) – Seared Beef Tongue with Smoked Green Onions
• Baltimore (Faidley Seafood) – Crab Cake Sandwich
• Chapel Hill, N.C. (Time-Out Restaurant) – Chicken Cheddar Biscuit
• Chicago (The Fifty/50) – The 4-Courser Sandwich
• Chicago (Al's Italian Beef) – Al's Italian Beef
• Detroit (Slow's Bar-BQ) – The Yardbird
• Driftwood, Texas (The Salt Lick) – Sliced Beef Brisket Sandwich
• Green Bay, Wis. (Kroll's) – Prime Rib Sandwich
• Los Angeles (JR's BBQ) – Pulled Pork Sandwich
• Minneapolis (Tilia) – Fish Taco Torta
• Naples, Maine (The Galley Restaurant & Pub) – Zesty Lemon Lobster Roll
• Nashville, Tenn. (Mitchell's Delicatessen) – Asian Flank Steak Sandwich
• New Haven, Conn. (Book Trader Cafe) – A Tale of Two Turkeys
• New Orleans (Domilise's Po-Boy and Bar) – Shrimp Po Boy
• New York (Katz's Deli) – Corned Beef & Pastrami Sandwich
• Pittsburgh (Primanti Brothers) – Cap & Egg Sandwich
• Philadelphia (DiNic's) – Roast Pork Sandwich
• Phoenix (Los Reyes de la Torta) – Torta Del Ray
• Portland, Ore. (Big A** Sandwiches) – Big A** Roast Beef Sandwich
• Portland, Ore. (Bunk Sandwiches) – Pork Belly Cubano
• Portsmouth, N.H. (Jumpin' Jay's Fish Cafe) – Crab Grilled Cheese
• Richmond, Va. (Blacksheep) – The CSS Virginia
• St. Louis (Crown Candy Kitchen) – Heart-Stopping BLT
• San Diego (Phil's BBQ) – El Toro
• San Francisco (Wexler's) – "Pulled" Lamb Sandwich
• Savannah, Ga. (Zunzi's) – The Chicken Conquistador
• Seattle (Salumi) – The Oxtail Sandwich
• Tampa, Fla. (Aguila Sandwich Shop) – Media Noche
• Tampa, Fla. (Skipper's Smokehouse) – Grouper Reuben
• Washington (W Hotel) – Chicken Club Sandwich