The Baltimore Sun on Tuesday received six Excellence-in-Features awards, including a second-place tie with The Kansas City Star for the Finest in Features Sweepstakes Awards, from the national Society for Features Journalism for coverage of arts, entertainment and lifestyle.
The awards came in Division 2, which includes publications with circulation between 90,001 and 199,999.
The Sun also received awards for the following:
- David Zurawik won first place for Blog Portfolio with Z on TV.
- The Sun's staff won first place in Integrated Storytelling for work on interactive project Fitness Heroes. Former features editor Jordan Bartel conceived of the project, with design and development by Greg Kohn and Emma Patti Harris, writing by former intern Darcy Costello, and photography and videography by photographers Tom Brenner, Karl Merton Ferron, Lloyd Fox, Kim Hairston, Daniel Kucin Jr., Kenneth K. Lam and Barbara Haddock Taylor.
- Former columnist and reporter Susan Reimer won second place in General Commentary Portfolio.
- Adam Marton, Patrick Maynard and Greg Kohn won second place in Digital Innovation for the restaurant database site Dish Baltimore.
- The Baltimore Sun Entertainment website won third place for Features website, entertainment channel or app.
The winners will be awarded in person at the Society for Features Journalism's national conference happening this year in Austin, Texas Aug. 10-13. To view the full list of winners, visit the SFJ website.