- In the world of drag, having two top queens involved in a romantic relationship is rare, but not unheard of. But you’ll be hard-pressed to find another couple that has the added responsibility of parenting that belong to this Canton pair.
- While modern Baltimore is known for its drag brunches and lively modern ballroom culture, the blossoming of Baltimore’s drag culture dates back to prohibition— an era when drag balls took center stage.
Most popular features
- The condo has hardwood floors and a kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The marble lobby has a 24-hour concierge. There’s a heated pool with a grill, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a club room with a TV, a business center and private conference room.
- Candice Blackwell has been director of YouthBuild since 2018. The program, like so many others, went virtual last March and has been hybrid for the last year.
- Despite the celebratory atmosphere and many heartfelt verbal bouquets being showered upon the Maestra, for some observers, Alsop’s 14-year tenure also includes missed opportunities — for her and the BSO perhaps, but more importantly, for Baltimore.
- A Johns Hopkins University researcher’s work into the bioluminescence of lightning bugs from the 1940s to the 1960s gave thousands of Baltimore and Maryland youngsters not only joy, but a little extra money, too.
Best of Retro Baltimore
GAMES & TRIVIA
- his charming house with brick red trim has porches and pillars and walls of windows that make it open and airy on the inside without compromising the home’s historic integrity.
- Chin will guest co-host “Fresh, Fried & Crispy,” a show where host Daym Drops searches for the best meals in America.
- After a chance encounter in Hampden, neighborhood leader Marvin "Doc" Cheatham is spearheading an effort to bring a skateboard park to West Baltimore. In a city where the skateboard parks are in mostly white neighborhoods, he says it's an equity issue.
- The name Julius Salsbury might not ring any bells for most Baltimoreans in 2021, but there was a time when he was the talk of the town. His myth grew larger with each retelling of his story — a story that inspired books and movies.
- This is a thoroughly modern and updated home that has the original architectural details that make it feel like a 19th century farmhouse.