- The names of the Woodbury citizens that the Governor cited as being murdered by Rick's banditos were: Tim (evil Glenn), Crowley (decapitated by Michonne), Gargulio (ahh, Gargulio), Haley (Zoey 101), Bob Adams (Bad Ass Bob Adams), Eisenberg (what about Cohen, Snyder and Katzenberg?), and Richard Foster. Foster was played by Greg Tresan, who is actually the dog trainer on the show. (Thanks The Walking Dead Wiki!)
- Kevin Smith (on Talking Dead) says whatnot way too much.
- One of the Governor's henchmen, Martinez (backwards baseball hat guy), actually saved a little girl during the seige scene. Foreshadowing that he might be a good guy who joins the prison group (or tries to)?
- Axel eats Top Ramen Oodles of Noodles out of a big pot at the prison? NOM-NOM-NOM. I hope it was Picante Beef flavor!
- Sasha wears a shirt that says "Southern Gothic Revival." It's some band.
- Rick kind of flinched when Carol said the baby had Lori's eyes. Like maybe he was thinking it wasn't his baby at all, but Shane's!
- So there were a few songs earlier this season that I couldn't identify. Well the show is releasing a soundtrack (Volume 1) now that should reveal all. It features bands like Jamie N. Commons, Voxhaul Broadcast, Baby Bee, Fink, Of Monsters and Men and Delta Spirit. Maybe they'll send me a free copy...or not.
- The fighting arena is actually an abandoned mill in rural Georgia.
- Greg Nicotero was also the zombie that bit Andrea's sister Amy and was killed by Andrea in season one. (Thanks Talking Dead!)
- There is a bar and restaurant in Senoia, Georgia (Woodbury) called Founders. I imagine the cast and crew must patronize the place occasionally. I'll have a Boilermaker with Michael Rooker please.
, who was "one of those survivalist nuts." Who was always preparing for the end of the world and had a bunker in his backyard underneath the shed.
cross promo FTW! I hope next they cross promo
On a sidenote that actually relates to the show this blog is about: their camp, which was at one point made up of 25 survivors, was over run near Jacksonville and Donna (Tyreese's wife?) didn't make it.
Carol talks with Carl about how loud the world used to be and how she complained about traffic, construction and car alarms. And now how she wishes she could hear an airplane.
, why don't you bust out your guitar and write some protest songs about noise pollution, Joan Baez.
Then Carl says it would be sweet if they could all be on it, cause he wishes he was on
instead of this show.
...said this: Norman Reedus on why he's like Daryl
"I'm pretty damaged already I guess. He doesn't know what to say, and neither do I, as you can tell by this answer. I'm loyal to my friends and would do anything for them, but I'm kind of quiet. I believe in people and the cause, but I really don't want to ever be the center of attention. You can tell when Daryl speaks who he is and what he's about. He's nervous but he always speaks from the heart and doesn't hesitate—I'm like that at times. The ways I'm not like Daryl are too numerous to write down here. We can save that for another time."
Please don't. What a waste. I'd rather see what his favorite NES games were growing up, or who his top ten hottest celebrities are, or anything other than this nonsense...
"You know me I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to prove that my loyalty is to this town!"
"Just follow my lead little brother. We're getting out of this, right now!"
"Hey we both took our licks, man!"
"Hey shut up!"
"Aww yeah man, he is a charmer, I gotta tell you that. Been putting the wood to your girlfriend, Andrea, big time baby. UUUUnnnnnggggghhhhhh!"
"Her and blondie spent all winter, cuddling up in the forest. Mmm-mmm-mmm. Yeah. My Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept them in chains. Kind of ironic now that I think about it."
"Snug as two little bugs. So what you gonna do now sheriff? Huh? Trial by a bunch of liars, thugs and cowards? Oh man, look at this, pathetic! All these guns and no bullets in me!? Shut up yourselves bunch of pussies...! (THUMP)
"It's getting worse out there. Dead are everywhere. It's only making the living, less like the living."
"I must be the first brother in history to break into prison."
"Makes me the first white boy that didn't want to break out."
"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring
home with us?"
"This would be easy. A little kid, a woman, a girl and a one-legged old man!"
"Those people have had it easy! Barbecues and picnics... that ends now." (I guess he has no interest in a second-term as Woodbury Social Gathering Coordinator)
Governor (to Andrea):
"You're just a visitor here, just passing through, so why should i tell you?"
"He had Daryl and Merle pitted against each other, crowd cheering for them to fight to the death. What kind of a sick mind does that?"
"The kind this world creates..."
"You're like my own son, Glenn."
Ten Little Indians
Hershel (to Rick):
"You've got to start giving people a chance!"
Merle, and he will be every single episode he appears in.
Quickly descending into madness. Leaving Tyreese hanging. Why won't he shake anyone's hand? Is he one of those hand sanitizer obsessed people?
Wearing that dumb cowboy hat and trying to act like a big boy now who gets to eat
Putting the boots to an innocent zombie's head and turning it into a Swanson Chicken Pot Pie. Having a lover's quarrel with Maggie.
Making a heel turn and ditching the group to go have adventures with Merle again.
Lamenting the loss of Daryl as a potential sex partner, and warming up to her safety back-up, Axel.
Spitting truth, rocking a sick pony tail and showing off his one-legged stair-hopping Parkour skills. Also trying to play marriage counselor to Glenn and Maggie.
Getting all emo in front of Hershel and acting like she's too cool for his food.
Kissing Rick on the cheek and trying to trick the baby into thinking she's its mother.
Delivering an inspired war movie speech to all the extras as the Governor peers through the window.
Becoming the subject of a comedy roast by Merle. Recovering from a concussion.
Losing control of Woodbury and talking sh!t about barbecues and picnics. You mad bro? He also tries to ditch Andrea after boffing her a bunch of times.
Acting racist, sexist and homophobic and reuniting with Daryl.
Wearing a cool new military outfit. Does anyone else think he looks kind of like
Stumbling and bumbling and fumbling through his speech to try to calm the townspeople. Failing to wrangle Andrea as she tried to break up the Daryl-Merle fight.
Offering to become a productive member of the prison staff but getting rebuffed by Rick's insanity episode.
When Glenn started dancing the Charleston on that red pick-up truck zombies head. The one where Merle was on his knees jacking up that zombie's pretty face was good too.
When that one busted out a slat of the fence and started peering into Woodbury like Jack Nicholson in
. It was funny because it was missing a peeper but it still looked like it was trying to see with that eye.
- Where are Morgan and Duane?
- How do Milton's inventions work?
- Why is Rick so mean to Michonne when you KNOW he wants to give her a french kiss?
Glenn fights some people on a bridge or something, a bunch of people talk about leaving the prison and there is also turmoil at Woodbury. Why can't everything just stay the same!!??
Merle pees on a tree, talks about killing squirrels, and spits. Daryl has second thoughts about agreeing to go on this camping trip.
sneak peak: Glenn talks with the prison people (sans Rick) about what their next step should be regarding the war with the Governor. He suggests that he and Michonne should sneak into Woodbury and assassinate the Governor in the middle of the night.