A sexual battery case against Kevin Spacey turned over to Los Angeles prosecutors this week involves an alleged assault of a man in Malibu two years ago, police said Friday.
Detectives with the Malibu/Lost Hills division of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department began the investigation May 22, a sheriff’s spokeswoman told the Daily News.
The probe centers on “allegations of a sexual assault involving Mr. Kevin Spacey,” spokeswoman Nicole Nishida said.
“The events were reported to have taken place in October 2016,” she said. “Location is the city of Malibu, and the victim was a male adult.”
As The News previously reported, the case was submitted to the Los Angeles County District Attorney on Tuesday.
Nishida said the case was handed over “for review and filing consideration.”
The district attorney’s office previously said it was reviewing a separate sexual assault case involving Spacey that was presented by investigators in early April.
That case involves an unidentified man who accused the Oscar-winning “American Beauty” actor of assaulting him in West Hollywood in October 1992.
Rapp claimed he was 14 years old when Spacey invited him to a party at his apartment, climbed on top of him in a bed and made unwanted sexual advances. Spacey was in his mid 20s at the time.
Spacey released a statement shortly after Rapp went public, saying he was “horrified” by the accusations and had no memory of the incident.
“But if I did behave then as he describes,” Spacey said, “I owe (Rapp) the sincerest apology for what have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”
Days later, Spacey’s publicist issued a statement saying the actor was taking a break to seek “evaluation and treatment.”
More accusers came forward in a CNN report that claimed Spacey turned the “House of Cards” set into a “toxic” environment by routinely touching people without their consent and making inappropriate comments.
Spacey was fired from the Netflix series less than a week after the initial wave of allegations emerged.
The Old Vic theater in London — where Spacey was artistic director for 11 years, until 2015 — launched an investigation and revealed in November that 20 people had lodged complaints against the actor.
Police in London, meanwhile, reportedly are investigating several allegations of sexual misconduct against the actor.
It was reported this week that Spacey’s latest movie “Billionaire Boys Club” earned an abysmal $126 on its opening day.