Sportcaster Erin Andrews will be replacing longtime cohost Brooke Burke-Charvet on "Dancing With the Stars" when the new season of the ABC reality competition premieres in March.
Burke-Charvet, 42, a former model-actress, has co-anchored the ballrooom brigade with Emmy winner Tom Bergeron since 2010.
Conrad Green, the show's executive producer, told ABC News on Monday that Burke-Charvet would not be returning and added that she had "been a wonderful part of the 'Dancing With the Stars' family since her triumphant win in Season 7 and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team." He also thanked her for "her years of great service."
That after Burke-Charvet had spilled the beans Friday with a surprised tweet: "weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME. @TomBergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."
She took to social media again over the weekend to address the news with her own brand of humor.
"So much chatter bout DWTS. I'm really cool, everyone," Burke-Charvet tweeted on Sunday. "I did my 7 seasons, had a blast! I'm ready for change. I love your loyalty. Thank you!"
We know we'll definitely miss her ultra-toned arms and glittery formal wear.
The news that she'd be leaving and replaced by the Fox Sports correspondent came on the heels of ABC announcing that it would also be replacing the show's stalwart 28-member band and its leader Harold Wheeler -- a fact than Burke-Charvet did not overlook. (ABC later said that Ray Chew would step in as music director.)
"Here's the skinny -- the show found out Harold Wheeler, the band, Rob & me were putting together our own road show, so they fired us all!" she said.
But it seemed that she had no hard feelings, later tweeting, "Off to bed with my sense of humor. I was totally kidding, Tweeties. Night nite! Sweet dreams."
Burke-Charvet competed on "Dancing With the Stars" in 2008 and even won the Mirror Ball trophy with partner Derek Hough back in Season 7. She replaced then-anchor Samantha Harris following Harris' maternity leave. Now it seems like the show is keeping with tradition by inviting another former contestant to the hosting gig.
Andrews, 35, a well-respected sports reporter, competed on the show in 2010's Season 10, when she was paired with ballroom "bad boy" Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They made the finals, placing third.
On Monday, ABC confirmed reports that Andrews would be the show's official cohost when Season 18 debuts on March 17 and that the new cast would be revealed on "Good Morning America" on March 4.
The host and band changes are the latest of the once mighty show's numerous makeovers: Last year, "DWTS" cut back its two-night format to one night to battle sagging ratings.
Andrews, who conducted the controversial interview with Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman after this year's Super Bowl, will continue to work for Fox Sports and seemed pretty jazzed about her new job.
"Very excited! I have HUGE shoes to fill," the sportscaster tweeted Monday upon ABC's announcement, adding that she'd be getting a few tips from ballroom alum and former NFL star Michael Strahan, who's juggling his sports analyst duties with hosting ABC's "Live! With Kelly and Michael."
Cohost and funnyman Bergeron also seemed pleased with his new ballroom partner, reaching out to her on Twitter to bestow his felicitations.
"Welcome back to #dwts @ErinAndrews. It'll be like when we co-hosted the Scripps Spelling Bee but with easier words!" he joked, posting a photo of the two of them.
Andrews replied with "love u ... I can't wait..and the best part is I won't be getting 7's from Len and yelled at for not pointing my toes! #winner"
Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.