There's no secret: America's favorite past time is made even more past time-y with a cold beer (or two).
In that spirit, we're offering a drinking game as you watch the Orioles start their momentous post-season run. This game can work for the Detroit games, starting Thursday, and beyond.
Necessary disclaimer: Drinking in excess is bad, mmkay? Don't drink and drive, don't drink and operate heavy machinery, don't drink and start bar fights, don't drink and adopt animals.
Take a sip ...
• For every visible bubblegum bubble Adam Jones blows.
• Every time an analyst points out Chris Davis' suspension.
• If Adam Jones pies a teammate. Take another if the flavor of pie is identified. Finish drink if Adam Jones receives a pie to the face.
• If Nick Markakis hits a single.
• If any Baltimore Raven is shown at a game.
• If picture of the Inner Harbor is shown. Or steamed crabs.
• If there's a bizarre reference to "The Wire."
• When @gorelickingood updates the Orioles post-season run differential.
• If Buck Showalter challenges a call.
• When someone on your social media feed complains about the announcer’s bias against the Orioles.
Take a shot ...
• if Kevin Gausman's love of doughnuts is mentioned.
• When Nelson Cruz hits a home run.
• If Kate Upton is shown on television (Justin Verlander, her boyfriend, is pitching Friday).
• If there's a bizarre "Wire" reference paired with an "8 Mile" reference.
• If Michael Phelps shows up (drinking-game irony!).
• When an Orioles catcher throws out a runner trying to steal a base.
Finish your drink ...
• if an Orioles third baseman makes an error.
• If someone mentions the probability of a Baltimore-Washington World Series.
• If Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" is played going in or out of a commercial break.