- The Baltimore Sun’s Best 2021 Readers’ Choice Contest: Where’s Baltimore’s best dog park? Who serves the best coffee in town? What’s the hottest gym?
- “There is no rivalry,” Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott said, standing inside the restaurant. Instead, he thinks Baltimore is the clear winner. “D.C.’s food scene does not compete with Baltimore,” Scott said.
Most popular entertainment
- Baltimore County Council members and residents took issue with what they called potential “unintended consequences” of proposed zoning changes that would allow hundreds more restaurants to hold live music.
- 'Dark City' will premiere on Netflix April 15. Issa Rae, creator of the HBO show 'Insecure,' is a producer.
- Richard Edelen “Richie” Evans, a former lacrosse player whose Towson bar, The Crease, attracted a wide following, has died of Covid-19 at 79.
- The Food Market, the Baltimore-based restaurant known for its Amish pretzels with beer cheese and other comfort food dishes, has opened a second location in Downtown Columbia’s Central District.
- The selection of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s 13th music director to succeed the outgoing Marin Alsop will take place before live audiences as a succession of candidates audition for the job by conducting the orchestra through a series of concerts.
- Popcorn, mixers and lake trout are just some of the delicious offerings available Sunday mornings from 7 a.m. to noon beneath the Jones Falls Expressway at Holliday and Saratoga streets.
- Get a taste of the country in the city at the Baltimore Farmers Market & Bazaar. There’s still time to catch a flick at the Annapolis Film Festival, take in a dinner and a show or learn a trade.
- Ida B’s made a splash when it first opened in 2017 under the helm of chef David Thomas, who won praise for bringing innovative twists to staples of soul food.