- City officials plan Independence Day celebration with Orioles baseball, musical performances, food trucks and of course, fireworks.
- Have an out-of-this-world experience, listen to smooth jazz, learn about men of color who were national icons, see art in a new way or play a round of golf for charity.
- Meet Jasmine Barnes, a Morgan State graduate and up-and-coming composer, who is the latest success story for Baltimore arts programs.
Most popular entertainment
- After the Academy Award winner's departure, producers are scrambling to recast the role of Cleo Sherwood in the series based on a book by local author Laura Lippman.
- Think you've seen every method for picking crabs? Don't bet on it. And here's another boiling question: will our favorite Ravens QB serve up his hometown favorite dishes in Baltimore?
- There will be over 30 musical performances on three stages on the Ocean City Boardwalk from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2.
- Crowds of racegoers sweated Saturday through the hottest day of the year — and the hottest Preakness Stakes in recent memory — at Pimlico Race Course for the 147th running of the Triple Crown’s middle jewel. Attendance didn’t come close to pre-pandemic figures, like the more than 130,000 who came in 2019, but the day still had the feel of a spectacle.
- Pimlico draws a crowd for new event featuring an evening of music and entertainment by some of the hottest names in the business.
- The event curated by Baltimore native and entertainment mogul Kevin Liles is both a 'celebration of Baltimore' and one that is meant to improve the connection between Preakness and the city that hosts it.
Baltimore area events
- This year’s 147th Preakness is playing to foodie audiences, involving celebrity as well as local chefs. But to sample some of the menus you'll need to win big.
- Brittney Spencer attributes her musical style and success to growing up in Baltimore. She returns to her hometown this weekend to perform at the new Preakness Live festival.
- The pandemic seems to have killed the work lunch, but it might have renewed our love affair with brunch.
- Talk show host Larry Young has been off the air since April 10, when he was rushed to the hospital after suffering a dangerous infection in his foot.
- Baltimore’s own Kevin Liles is bringing some of his celebrity friends in entertainment and culture to introduce the city’s charms and the significance of Preakness to the world.