Much of that history was almost lost. Those who were lucky to visit the music store decades ago will remember that guitars, clarinets, and other instruments used to hang from the rafters like impractical musical chandeliers. "Guy came in to take pictures. He had a big camera, and he said, 'Can I take pictures?' I said 'Okay, but be careful.' He took pictures and he had one of those big light bulbs, and he put it close to one of the drums, the Pearl drum. And that is very flammable and it ignited and it burned down all the upstairs and everything went down. And I have to start all over again." Although Fernando got Ted's up and running again after the 1990 fire, the store still suffered. "It was bad publishing to my business because at the time I had the fire, they published it on TV and they put that we were burned out. I lost a lot of customers because they said, 'Oh, I thought you guys burned down.' But we're still here!"