Murders this Week: 4; Murders this Year: 173

Three people, including an innocent driver, died after a police stop went wrong on Tuesday morning, Sept. 24, causing the usual questions to be raised about the department's chase policies. (The rule says they can travel up to 10 mph above the posted speed limit only if the car's lights and sirens are blaring.) That's right, 10 mph. Angel Chiwengo, a 46-year-old African-American woman, was in a Jeep when two men in a Honda who police were trying to pull over crashed into the Jeep, causing a huge fire. The Jeep's driver survived. Terrell Young, a 28-year-old African-American man, and Devell Johns, a 26-year-old African-American man, died in the Honda, which police had been following for miles. Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts did not use the word "chase" in his description of the event. Three days after the crash, on Sept. 27, he told CBS News that department investigators had not yet spoken to the officers who were involved. "We have a very strong officer bill of rights that gives them a certain amount of time," Batts said.

Monday, Sept. 2

8:34 a.m. Ilzaryah Morrison, a 5-month-old African-American girl, was asphyxiated on the 1600 block of North Broadway. Eastern District police were called for an "unresponsive child" and took the baby to the hospital. She was pronounced dead at 8:41 a.m. On Monday afternoon, Sept. 23, police notified the press that the death was considered a murder and homicide detectives were consulting with the state's attorney's office.

Tuesday, Sept. 24

1:29 p.m. Kevin David Everette, a 27-year-old African-American man, was on the 2700 block of Hugo Avenue when someone shot him. Police found him on the corner and took him to the hospital, where he died later. Everette lived on the 1600 block of Ralworth Avenue, police said.

11:21 p.m. Someone shot Ronn Williams, a 52-year-old African-American man, in the back. Police were called to the 1500 block of Upshire Road and Williams was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 11:55 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 26

4:50 p.m. A man standing on the 3900 block of Penhurst Avenue was shot in the head and died. Police had not released his identity as of Monday, Sept. 30.