Murder Ink

Baltimore went two full days without a murder last week, but another 15-year-old boy was gunned down in Upton, and three people were killed in separate incidents on Friday.

Tuesday, Aug. 22


12:30 p.m. Police who responded to a car crash on the 3700 block of Fleetwood Avenue found Jeremy Hall, a 24-year-old African-American man, with a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was dead. He had resided on the 6100 block of Macbeth Drive.

1:50 p.m. Jeffrey Quick, a 15-year-old African-American boy, was on the 500 block of N. Freemont Avenue in the Harlem Park neighborhood when someone shot him in the body. Police found him there, and medics took him to a hospital, where he died. Quick had lived on the 700 block of Brune Street, about five blocks from where he was killed. He was the second 15-year-old boy killed this month in the Harlem Park neighborhood. Tyrese Davis was gunned down on Aug. 8 on the 1600 block of W. Franklin Street, about eight blocks west from where Quick was shot. Quick was the fifth person killed in Harlem Park so far this year. Last year there were six murders in the neighborhood.

Friday, Aug. 25

2:59 a.m. Nijenae Allen, a 22-year-old African-American woman, was with two other women on the 1000 block of Hillen Street when someone cut all three of them with a knife. Allen died. Police believe the three were leaving a local lounge when an earlier dispute turned violent. They say that a fourth person walked into a hospital seeking treatment for knife wounds.

8:56 p.m. Devin Booze, a 35-year-old African-American man, was near the intersection of Collins and Frederick avenues when someone shot him. Police and medics responded, but Booze died shortly afterward at Shock Trauma. A second man also walked into a hospital with a bullet wound to the torso and police believe that the shootings were related. Booze had resided on the 3100 block of Leeds Street.

10:35 p.m. Derrian Griffin, a 32-year-old African-American man, was on the 200 block of N. Bond Street when someone shot him multiple times. He died soon after at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He had resided on the 3800 block of Brooklyn Avenue.


The person who was shot to death on Aug. 21 in the 3400 block of Cottage Avenue was Keith Davis, a 54-year-old African-American man, who resided on the 700 block of W. Cross Street.

This week: 5

This year: 230