Nearly two dozen Carroll County Career and Technology Center students brought home medals from the 54th annual National Leadership and Skills Conference.
A total of 22 students earned medals from the event that was held June 25-29 in Louisville, Kentucky, according to a news release from Carroll County Public Schools.
- Graphic Communication — Julia Meassick, Liberty High School.
- Promotional Bulletin Board — Lauren Conaway, Westminster High School; Lauren Jenne, Westminster High School; Clare Preston, Westminster High School.
- Cosmetology — Julie Plunkert, Westminster High School.
- Diesel Equipment — Mason McKetchnie, Century High School.
- Television (Video) Production — Nora Sanchez, Liberty High School; Taran McNulty, South Carroll High School.
- Digital Cinema Production — Alec and Jacob Rosinski, Westminster High School.
Brittany Whitestone, a former student at the Career and Technology Center, was also selected to compete in the WorldSkills Graphic Communications competition in Russia.
Students competed in 100 different trade, technical and leadership fields, according to the release.
“Students worked against the clock and each other, proving their expertise in occupations such as electronics, computer-aided drafting, precision machining, medical assisting, and culinary arts,” according to the release. “Contests were run with the help of industry, trade associations, and labor organizations, and test competencies were set by industry.”