The 35th annual Arcadia Bluegrass Festival will be held Sept. 20 through Sept. 22 at the carnival grounds.
The three-day event will feature music by bands such as Hickory Hill, The Martin Bros., Iron Ridge, Remington Ryde, Bluegrass Brothers, California Ramblers, and Danny Paisley, to name a few.
Advance tickets will be sold through Sept. 16; and admission prices vary depending on what days you want to attend. Camping sites, some with electric, are available as well for an extra fee. Food will be available for purchase including breakfast items.
Pets, on a leash, are allowed; and you can bring your own lawn chairs. Vendors, authorized, will be on site as well.
All proceeds benefit the Arcadia Bluegrass Festival. The event will be held at 16020 Carnival Ave., Upperco. For information and prices, you can call Linda Hale at 443-340-5459 or Bill Hale, at 443-277-7528, or visit www.thebluegrassconnection.com/arcadia.
Vigil to be held
The Hampstead American Legion Post 200 is hosting a Candlelight Vigil in observance of National POW/MIA Recognition Day at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21.
The vigil will remember those who fate is unknown, listed as prisoners of war or missing in action. This is the seventh year for the event; and will be held in the pavilion, which is dedicated to this country’s POWs and MIAs.
The ceremony is free and open to the public, and will have members of the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Sons of the American Legion, and the Legion Riders participating.
The presentation of the colors, followed by a “table ceremony,” where a table will be set for one with items that symbolize members of our armed forces are missing from ranks; and as each item is set upon the table, someone will be explain its meaning.
Candles will be handed out to everyone and lit; and a bell rung as the intentions are read. The evening will conclude with the retiring of the colors, a closing prayer, singing of “Amazing Grace,” and the playing of “TAPS.”
The Legion is located at 4600 Legion Lane, Hampstead. For information, call Elinore Frush at 410-374-4466 or Mary Jane Wickline at 410-374-9014.
Stores are selling fall decorations, Halloween candy is out in full force, and almost everything you can imagine is available in pumpkin spice.
So, why not attend the fourth annual Fall Festival and Flea Market to be held Saturday, Oct. 6, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., at the Hampstead Volunteer Fire Company carnival grounds.
There will be something for kids of all ages including pumpkin and face painting, make your own scarecrow, inflatables, maze running, hayrides, vendors, and more.
Breakfast will be served until 10 a.m.; and lunch items will be available including pit beef, pit ham, fries and cold drinks.
Admission and parking are free; and there will be a free shuttle during the event at the former North Carroll High School building.
SGE hosts family fun fundraiser
On Sept. 16, Spring Garden Elementary PTA is hosting a Family CrossFit Workout at Magna Domos Cross Fit in Hampstead.
Magna Domos has created a fun, family-style, team work out for all to enjoy. The cost is $10 per person or $20 per family; and 50 percent of the proceeds benefit the PTA.
On Sept. 12, SGE will host their first pep rally of the year for students. At this time, the grade level with the most registrations will get to choose a teacher-team workout.
The facility is located at 2710 Hampstead-Mexico Road, Hampstead. For information, or to register, visit magnadomos.com.
- NESAP Tours: Sept. 13, 4-7 p.m. (every half hour), NESAP, 1046 S. Carroll St., Hampstead. Information: 410-374-9099/www.nesapinc.org.
- Crab Feast: Sept. 15, 5-11 p.m., Hampstead Fire Department, 1341 N. Main St., Hampstead. Hosted by Hot Shots Fastpitch Softball. $50/person. Information/tickets: Mike, 410-259-7426; Frank, 410-977-9976.
- Sportsman’s Bingo: Sept. 15, doors 3:30 p.m., dinner 4:30 p.m., games 7 p.m., Manchester Volunteer Fire Department, 3297 York St., Manchester. $40/person. Information/tickets: Richard, 410-984-1404.
- Celebration Sunday: Sept. 16, 10 a.m., St. Mark’s Church, 1373 N. Main St., Hampstead. Information: 410-374-6944/www.stmarkshampstead.com.
- Art Class: Sept. 18, 12:30-3 p.m. Tuesdays, North Carroll Senior Center, 2328 Hanover Pike, Hampstead. Runs for 10 weeks. $25/person. Information: 410-386-3900.
- “Bullets & Bling”: Sept. 22, doors 3 p.m., food/drawing 3:30 p.m., Hampstead American Legion, 4600 Legion Lane, Hampstead. $35/person. Information/tickets: John Armacost, 443-768-5730.
- Paint fundraiser: Sept. 25, 7 p.m., Old Town Grill, Hampstead. $45/person. Paint “Who’s Pumpkin” Benefits scholarship fund. Registration/information: www.paintnite.com/events/whos-pumpkin-at-old-town-grill-10091337; Brenda Miller, 410-916-4084; Mary Hamilton, 410-239-8170.
- Crab Feast: Sept. 29, 6-11 p.m., Lineboro Volunteer Fire Department, 4224 Main St., Lineboro. $45/advance; $50/door; $15/ages 6-10. Dinner and deejay. Information: www.lineborovfd.org, 443-507-6600, 410-374-2370, or 717-235-0215.
Shiela Johnson covers Hampstead, Manchester, Lineboro, and neighboring communities in northern Carroll County. She can be reached at email@example.com or 410-412-6787.