Hammerjacks originally opened in 1977 on South Charles Street, becoming a well known rock club in the 1980s, before closing in 1997.
The club operated at the Guilford Avenue location from 2000 to 2006.
A new iteration of the club is under development at 1300 Russell Street and is expected to open next year.
The 58,000-square-foot facility will include a concert space, club and beer garden. Earlier this month, Hammerjacks Entertainment Group was approved for a stadium liquor license, the final hurdle before demolition and construction could begin.