Pothole problems: Consumer Websites of the Week

If you're plagued by potholes in your community, perhaps this week's Consumer Website of the Week can help.

I write The Sun's Watchdog feature, and this week we tackled the ubiquitous pothole --- helping one Dundalk man figure out who to call for craters in Canton. But we also provided contact information, including some websites, to report road surface issues.

People within Baltimore can call 311 to submit a service request for potholes or other problems. You can also call 410-396-5352 to report a city problem when you’re elsewhere. And no matter where you’re physically located, you can always fill out the online service request forms at baltimore.customerservicerequest.org.

If you find a pothole problem in Baltimore County, fill out a service request form online at the Bureau of Highways’ website, www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Contact/highways or call 410-887-3560. And okay, this isn't a website, but Anne Arundel County lets folks email their complaints to potholes@aacounty.org or by calling 410-222-7045.

In Howard County, you should call their Bureau of Highways at 410-313-7450 about pothole concerns, and the Harford County highway number is 410-638-3532 or 410-638-3376. Carroll County’s Bureau of Road Operations, 410-386-6717, will respond to potholes there.

Care to compare your pothole woes with others? You can also enter a report and even submit a picture to The Sun’s pothole map at baltimoresun.com/potholes.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad