A solar battery charger might be the answer. You simply place it on the dash and let the sun work its magic. Of course, in the winter we have short days so be sure to park your car facing south to get the most sunlight. Select a 12-volt charger with at least a 10-watt or higher rating.
Most read on Baltimoresun.com
- Everyone’s heard of autonomous driving, but I’m willing to bet not many of us have experienced it.Tesla has the most advanced autopilot mode on the market right now, but it’s not the only one.
- A new pickup truck from Ford Motor Co. quietly began rolling off assembly lines at the Dearborn automaker’s Hermosillo plant in Mexico last month, according to production data recently reported to shareholders.
- With the advent of EVs and the need for thousands of charging stations, who is going to pay for them and will there be a cost to use one? If so, how much?
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, now part of Stellantis, has pleaded guilty in a long-running corruption probe, formally admitting that it paid more than $3.5 million in personal expenses for senior UAW officials.
- It’s an exceptional entry in the compact crossover world, and one that ably competes with the best in its class, particularly its Japanese competition. It’s also the first one I can remember after having returned the test vehicle.
- The viral pandemic has triggered a cascade of price hikes throughout America’s auto industry — a surge that has made both new and used vehicles unaffordable for many.
- It’s got the size, looks, features and value to hit the hottest part of the car market running and print money all the way to the bank for General Motors.
- Success in the Indian auto market — already one of the largest in the world, with huge growth potential — has proved elusive for the world’s top automakers. Now, it’s Ford Motor Co.’s chance to show whether it can be any different.
- The off-road trails will be a bit more crowded this spring, because the 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor pickup is about to hit the road.
- For those who still think of Mazda mainly as a purveyor of sporty sedans, it might be a shock to discover that of the three cars and four crossovers that Mazda sells stateside, cars account for a mere 21% of sales, with crossovers grabbing the rest.
- Even if you’re running less mileage through your car this year, it’s vital to stay on top of regular maintenance.You definitely don’t want to be sitting in a stalled auto in a bitterly cold winter night!
- The smaller, lighter vehicles that women more often drive, and the types of crashes they get into, may explain why they are much more likely to suffer a serious injury in a collision than men
- This divide between the reality of America’s auto market and what the federal government and some automakers hope it will become is certain to create dilemmas for the Biden administration as it sets out to negotiate a new set of fuel-economy standards.
- This isn’t the full-beans Bronco, but rather the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport, a compact unibody crossover meant as a slightly smoother-edged complement to the rough-and-tumble big boy. That might make it seem like it’s rife for undesirable compromises, but nope, this blocky little thing lives up to its name, and then some.