The retirement of backup quarterback Marc Bulger could force the Ravens to sift through a weak free-agent quarterback group. While the Ravens say they aren't rushing to get one, here are the veteran quarterbacks available in free agency:
1. Brodie Croyle, Kansas City: A backup the past three seasons, Croyle has made 10 starts under center for the Chiefs, throwing eight touchdowns and nine interceptions. The Ravens were looking at him in third round of 2006 draft before Kansas City selected him.
2. Jake Delhomme, Cleveland: Longtime Carolina starter has struggled the past two seasons, throwing 10 touchdowns and 25 interceptions. After being released by the Browns, he will be on his third team in as many years.
3. Todd Collins, Chicago: The 16-year veteran led the Washington Redskins to four straight wins at the end of the 2007 to secure a playoff berth. Although he said he would retire after the 2009 season, he joined the Chicago Bears last season and appeared briefly in the NFC championship game.
4. Todd Bouman, Jacksonville: He built a friendship with Flacco when he was with the Ravens in 2008. In his only start last year, he threw for 222 yards along with two touchdowns and two interceptions.
5. Jim Sorgi, N.Y. Giants: A six-year backup to Peyton Manning, Sorgi spent last season with the Giants. He has completed 63.5 percent in his 156-pass career, throwing six touchdowns and one interception. But he is coming off an injury to his throwing shoulder.
6. Troy Smith, San Francisco: It's unlikely that the Ravens will go this route again after cutting Smith last year. In six starts for the 49ers last season, he barely completed half of his passes (50.3 percent) and averaged less than 200 yards passing per game (196).
7. J.T. O'Sullivan, Oakland: He led the NFL in interceptions and fumbles in the first half of the 2008 season as the starter in San Francisco. O'Sullivan has since thrown 11 passes in two seasons.
8. J.P. Losman, Seattle: Former first-round pick hasn't thrown a meaningful NFL pass since 2008. He played for three NFL teams (Buffalo, Oakland and Seattle) and one UFL one (Las Vegas Locomotives) in past three years.
9. Chris Simms, Tennessee: He lost out to Bouman in a Ravens tryout three years ago. Simms has six completions in three seasons.
10. Patrick Ramsey, Minnesota: He's been with nine teams in his nine-year career. But Ramsey hasn't started a game since 2005 when he was with Washington.
To receive breaking Ravens news on your mobile device, text FOOTBALL to 70701 or sign up here.