Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Maryland men couldn't contend with Duke's size and inside-out balance Wednesday night and lost, 80-62. But hey, at least there wasn't any rioting. ... Randy Edsall unveiled his first recruiting class at Maryland. ... Expect Haloti Ngata to get the franchise tag soon. ... Michael Phelps is getting his own Xbox game, which will surely be the most boring sports game in recent memory.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd ranked the coolest athletes to ever play in Maryland [Baltimore Sun]
2. Give in and take the Orioles' offer, Vladimir Guerrero -- seriously [Hardball Talk]
3. Justin Duchscherer should help the Orioles [Fangraphs]
4. A .500 season would be a success for the Orioles [York Dispatch]
5. Duchscherer buys time for the young Orioles pitchers [USA Today]
6. Are Gaither and the Ravens still a match? [CSN Baltimore]
7. Ray Rice and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake have teamed up [Ravens.com]
8. Maryland's loss to Duke was particularly depressing for two reasons [Testudo Times]
9. Notes from Randy Edsall's Signing Day presser [Recruiting Report]
10. The Capitals are leaning on their penalty kill [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"You're crazy. Arrieta's ERA went down each month ending with a terrific September. He's the heavy favorite to be the 5th starter." -- reader Eric thinks Jake Arrieta will beat out Chris Tillman for the final spot in the Orioles' rotation
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Will the Terps make the NCAA tournament?
Video of the morning:
Goalie fight! And it's a one-punch KO for Brent Johnson over Rick DiPietro