Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Packers and the Steelers will meet in the Super Bowl. The Packers relied on defense to beat the Bears, and the Steelers built an early lead and held on for a win over the Jets. ... The Ravens are trying to come up with a plan to beat the Steelers next season. ... The Ravens reportedly will sign Billy Cundiff to a five-year deal this week. ... A five-year slide in academic ratings could cost the Maryland football program scholarships. .. The Orioles raised single-game ticket costs.
Hitting the links:
1. Don Banks: a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl is a dream game for fervent fans [SI]
2. Peter King: The Super Bowl matchup is a reward to two organizations that built teams [SI]
3. Rex Ryan sunk the Jets' season in Pittsburgh [ESPN]
4. No one dealt with more controversy and adversity this season than Mike Tomlin [ESPN]
5. Unsurprisingly, Terry Bradshaw thinks the Steelers will win the Super Bowl [FOX Sports]
6. Michael Silver: Defense played a starring role for the Packers [Yahoo!]
7. It's the blue-blooded Packers and Steelers in a dream matchup [Yahoo!]
8. Seeing the Steelers in the Super Bowl is tough for Ravens fans to stomach [Baltimore Sun]
9. Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer wants to be traded [ESPN]
10. Five things we learned about the Ravens this season [Ravens Insider]
11. Here are five offseason goals for the Ravens [Baltimore Sun]
12. The Orioles face a few questions heading into spring training [Orioles Insider]
13. Randy Edsall was first a Maryland fan; now he's the school's football coach [Baltimore Sun]
You said it:
"Without a doubt the best part of the entire press conference. He sat there and mocked the media and fans and it was hilarious. I hope people realized what he was actually saying, A+ for Steve! Looking forward to the offseason and and in the words of the great Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT" -- PSURavens enjoyed Steve Bisciotti's closing statement during Thursday's press conference
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Where's the best landing spot for Carmelo Anthony?
Video of the morning:
Speaking of Baltimore's finest basketballer, here is Carmelo dancing to Michael Jackson