Here's a selection of national media predictions for Sunday's Ravens-Saints matchup:
• CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco expects the Ravens to beat the Saints by a touchdown.
The Baltimore pass defense really struggled Monday night against Houston, nearly costing them a game. They aren't as good against the pass this season, and that's not a good thing against Drew Brees. The Saints get the ball out quickly, which could be a problem for the Ravens. This might be a game for Ray Rice to run the ball at a Saints defense that isn't great against the run. Baltimore will find a way at home, even on a short week.
• Three out of five of CBSSports.com's NFL writers believe the Saints will remain hot against the Ravens.
• Peter King of SI.com thinks the Ravens will edge the Saints by a field goal at M&T Bank Stadium.
Classic case of the more desperate team winning. Even though the Baltimore D was terrible down the stretch at Houston (allowing 99- and 95-yard fourth-quarter drives), I say the Ravens have a couple of second-half stops in them. Side note: The last time these teams met, in 2006, Steve McNair outdueled Drew Brees, throwing for two touchdowns and running for another.
• FanHouse.com's Dave Goldberg projects a 27-21 Ravens loss.
Never thought I'd say this, but the way the Ravens defense is (or isn't) playing...
• The Sports Network's Scott Garbarini says the Ravens-Saints matchup is full of superstars.
The fact that both these clubs are currently Wild Cards in their respective conferences is really the only reason this one's not ranked at the top, as there may not be a stronger assemblage of overall talent on the field than what M&T Bank Stadium will contain on Sunday. The Saints are red-hot, having won six in a row, while the Ravens are awfully tough to beat on their home turf.
• Mike Golic and Mark Schlereth believe the Saints will grab a road victory, while the rest of the analysts in ESPN's NFL Expert Picks pick the Ravens.
• Three of the four ESPN Sunday Countdown analysts say the Ravens will lose to the Saints.
• USA Today's Pete O'Brien predicts a six-point victory for the Saints.
• Despite the Ravens' impressive resume at home, all eight USA Today analysts pick the Saints.
• Warren Sapp doesn't think the Ravens will win, but the other two analysts for Showtime's Inside the NFL crew pick the home team.
• SportingNews.com's analysts are divided on the outcome of Sunday's game. Four writers pick the Saints, while three like the Ravens.
• Michael Silver likes the Ravens in Sunday's contest, but the other two Yahoo Sports "experts" think the Saints will win.
[Compiled by Dean Jones Jr.]