Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles considered trading OF Nolan Reimold to the Rays for SS Jason Barlett on Tuesday, but they pulled out of the talks and moved closer to adding relievers. ... Ty Wigginton, the Orioles' lone All-Star in 2010, signed with the Rockies. ... The Orioles have kicked the tires on Prince Fielder. ... Terps coach Ralph Friedgen called on fans to show their commitment by showing up at the Military Bowl. ... Maryland men's basketball coach Gary Williams wouldn't commit to a starting five for Wednesday night's game against UNC-Greensboro.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston stuck up for Ravens coach John Harbaugh in this reader Q&A [Baltimore Sun]
2. What if the Ravens had converted that pivotal fourth down? [Ravens Insider]
3. The Ravens remain in fourth place in ESPN's power rankings [ESPN]
4. And they are free-falling to ninth on this list [CBS Sports]
5. They dropped to sixth in these rankings [FOX Sports]
6. The Ravens are fifth here [Pro Football Talk]
7. And sixth here [NFL.com]
8. And the Ravens are fifth in these rankings, right behind the Jets [USA Today]
9. The Orioles are taking a chance on Mark Reynolds [SI]
10. Rounding up the Orioles' activities at the Winter Meetings on Tuesday [Camden Chat]
11. Like Budweiser, Mark Reynolds has Whiffability [Roar From 34]
12. Friedgen contacted the parents of Maryland players after another scooter crash [Tracking the Terps]
13. James Franklin to Vanderbilt? [Terrapins Insider]
14. Peter Schmuck goes one-on-one with Navy football coach Ken Niumatalolo [Baltimore Sun]
15. In his sixth season with the Caps, Alexander Semin is still a mystery [Capitals Insider]
16. NHL first-quarter report card time: What grade did the Capitals get? [ESPN]
You said it:
"'I have never stepped inside Cam Cameron's office at the Castle.' Just put on a long haired, curly wig and a Steelers jersey. No one will even try to stop you. Cameron definitely needs to go. There's nothing more to say." -- Chris in Hawaii, responding to this post, wants to see Cameron go
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Who would you be your dream offensive coordinator for the Ravens?
Video of the morning:
I don't know if it was the 80s basketball highlights or the Pennywise song, but I couldn't take my eyes off this random YouTube video of crazy basketball shots
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I'll give you a plug. You can reach me at email@example.com, twitter.com/mattvensel and facebook.com/VirtualVensanity.