Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
On Monday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh called Sunday night's 13-10 loss to the Steelers the toughest of his time in Baltimore and said the Ravens offense needs to get better. ... Jameel McClain and Haloti Ngata were both fined for illegal hits in Sunday's game. ... Tight end Todd Heap is unlikely to play Monday night against the Texans. Le'Ron McClain is expected to suit up. ... The Orioles traded for third baseman Mark Reynolds, who holds the single-season strikeout record. ... Ty Wigginton signed a deal with the Rockies.
Hitting the links:
1. Hate-hate relationship: Divisional rivalries dominated Week 13 [NFL.com]
2. Mike Preston: Maybe now the Ravens coaches will open up the offense [Baltimore Sun]
3. The Texans will be rested and ready for the Ravens on Monday night [Houston Chronicle]
4. Unsurprisingly, Jerome Bettis thinks Ravens-Steelers is the NFL's best rivalry [SI]
5. Has Ben Roethlisberger's reputation has hurt him in drawing flags? [ESPN]
6. This Ravens offense could cost Cam Cameron his job [Baltimore Sports Report]
7. Mark Reynolds on the trade, his style and his 2010 season [Orioles Insider]
8. A look at the trade from the Diamondbacks' perspective [Arizona Republic]
9. Adjehi Baru, one of Terps' top post targets for the 2011 class, is off the board [Recruiting Report]
10. Another scooter accident for the Maryland football team [Terrapins Insider]
11. Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby team up for a Vanity Fair photo shoot [D.C. Sports Bog]
You said it:
"no, he is not a one dimensional player. Limited with the glove, maybe put him at 1b? Can alos play OF.. Hits for power and before an injure last eyar, stole 40 bases in a season. For the economics of it, it's power. And By god, the Orioles need that. A free swinger to say the least, but at this point I'll take it. ... I think the price was right, but I will miss Hernandez." -- Aaron liked the deal for Mark Reynolds, though other commenters weren't keen on the O's first major move of the offseason
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What should be the Orioles' next move?
Video of the morning:
This disgusting save by Boston's Tim Thomas is the NHL's save of the season so far