Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens blew another big lead Sunday, but regrouped to beat the streaking Saints, 30-24. The defense played well down the stretch, Ray Rice had a huge day to pass the 1,000-yard rushing mark in 2010 and the special teams were, well, special. ... Maryland football coach Ralph Friedgen isn't going down without a fight. ... The Capitals rallied to snap an eight-game losing skid.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston: The Ravens' running game proves that old school still works [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Ravens served notice to their fellow contenders [Yahoo! Sports]
3. How the Ravens contained Saints quarterback Drew Brees [ESPN]
4. Don Banks: "Very smart move, Cam Cameron, getting Ray Rice much more involved" [SI]
5. Ray Rice was one of Peter King's offensive players of the week [SI]
6. Five things we learned in the Ravens' 30-24 win [Ravens Insider]
7. Kevin Cowherd: Ravens, fans should relish win over Super Bowl champion Saints [Baltimore Sun]
8. The Ravens defense cranked up the pressure [MASN]
9. Call the Ravens what you will, but say this: They're back [CBS Sports]
10. John Eisenberg: That's why everyone was upset [CSN Baltimore]
11. Notes on Friedgen and the Maryland makeover [Tracking the Terps]
12. Zack Greinke leaves the A.L.; O's fans gnash their teeth and celebrate [Orioles Insider]
You said it:
"what a great, total raven win. props to harbaugh/coaches/players-this was a terrific start to an amazing ride coming up!!!" -- reader Charlie is almost as happy as John Harbaugh
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Is Michael Vick capable of leading the Eagles to their first Super Bowl title?
Video of the morning:
This video of New England's Danny Woodhead posing as a Modell's employee and selling unsuspecting Patriots fans his jerseys is pretty remarkable