Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens offensive line is facing injuries with the blitz-happy Steelers coming to town Sunday night, and they will have to alter their offensive game plan if fullback Le'Ron McClain sits out. ... The Ravens called for a "Purple Out" for Sunday. ... Four Terps made the All-ACC first team for the 2010 football season.
Hitting the links:
1. When Terrell Suggs moved to Arizona at 16, it changed his views on the world [Ravens.com]
2. Mike Preston: Give some credit to Jarret Johnson for the improved pass rush [Baltimore Sun]
3. Jeff Sagarin -- one of the BCS guys -- gives us his NFL power rankings [USA Today]
4. When Ben Roethlisberger plays under center, the Steelers rarely lose to the rival Ravens [AP]
5. Unsurprisingly, Jerome Bettis thinks the Steelers will beat the Ravens [SI]
6. A vignette from Brian Billick's Mormon education [Mormon Times]
7. Ex-Oriole Rafael Palmeiro is unlikely to make the Hall of Fame on his first try [Baltimore Sun]
8. Palmiero probably won't make the Hall of Fame, but he should [Toy Department]
9. Taking stock of the Maryland men's basketball team [Turtle Soup]
10. Bruce Boudreau's constant changing of the Capitals' lines [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
You said it:
"God just unfollowed Johnson." -- Rick responds to Bills wideout Stevie Johnson questioning his faith on Twitter after dropping a gimme touchdown in overtime against the Steelers
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What are currently the NFL's top three rivalries (rank them and explain your answer)?
Video of the morning:
Only fake Sean Connery is allowed to say "hoe" to Alex Trebek on "Jeopardy" [hat tip to Hot Clicks]