Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens held off a late Buccaneers charge on Sunday to win, 17-10. ... Three Ravens starters were knocked out of the game. ... Joe Flacco became the team's all-time leader in touchdown passes, overtaking Vinny Testaverde. ... After their big win over the N.C. State Wolfpack on Saturday, coach Ralph Friedgen and the Terps hope to land a spot in an "upper-echelon" bowl game.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston: The easy part is over; now comes the real test -- the Steelers [Baltimore Sun]
2. John Eisenberg: The Steelers are already on the Ravens' minds [CSN Baltimore]
3. Five things we learned in the Ravens' win over the Bucs [Ravens Insider]
4. Bucs CB Aqib Talib and an official had a heated exchange after Sunday's game [Tampa Bay Online]
5. Kevin Cowherd: It seems as if Derrick Mason's jawing at Joe Flacco worked [Baltimore Sun]
6. Ravens-Steelers: "It all boils down to this" [ESPN]
7. Peter King thinks Ravens-Steelers will be an "all-time slobberknocker" [SI]
8. Don Banks: "I expect nothing short of one of the NFL's top three games of the year next week" [SI]
9. Ray Lewis isn't going anywhere anytime soon [Yahoo! Sports]
10. Adam Schefter thinks the Cardinals should sign Marc Bulger in the offseason [ESPN]
11. Peter Schmuck: The Orioles are willing to spend money, but who's willing to take it? [Baltimore Sun]
12. Beating a dead horse named Victor [Dempsey's Army]
13. Talking Torrey Smith's record-breaking performance against N.C. State [Testudo Times]
14. Alex Ovechkin and those around him [Japers' Rink]
You said it:
"There is no question in my mind that if we had [Darrelle] Revis or a complete shutdown CB (which by the way, I've been preaching that it has been [Lardarius] Webb all along) then we would be there and ready to take the Lombardi. -- David, responding to my Seven Points from the Ravens' win over the Bucs, thinks a cornerback is the missing piece to the Ravens' championship puzzle
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
For better or worse, how is this Ravens team different from last year's edition?
Video of the morning:
This announcer went nuts when the Terps won a national title in field hockey [hat tip to Hot Clicks]