Each morning, Monday through Thursday (and sometimes Friday, schedule permitting), I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens on Sunday hope to address another area of concern: scoring early on the road. ... Ravens wideout Derrick Mason expects to play against the Panthers. ... Speaking of Sunday, rookie QB Tony Pike may start for the Panthers if Jimmy Clausen is out. ... Ravens coach John Harbaugh raved about linebacker Terrell Suggs on Monday. ... The Orioles offered former Pirates manager John Russell one of their two open coaching jobs. ... Jordan Williams is the ACC Player of the Week.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston: Comparing Jets' Rex Ryan to Ravens' Greg Mattison is unfair [Baltimore Sun]
2. Here's what you didn't see in the Ravens locker room after the loss to the Falcons [Ravens.com]
3. Michael Lombardi is still waiting for a dominant team to emerge amid surprises [NFL.com]
4. Despite the Atlanta loss, the Ravens are among the NFL's elite [CSN Baltimore]
5. From Jim Parker to Michael Oher, how offensive tackles have soared to prominence [Press Box]
6. Oher is eager to correct his mistakes [Ravens.com]
7. More on the Orioles coaching staff [MASN]
8. It's official: Nick Faust signed his letter of intent to Maryland [Recruiting Report]
9. The Maryland men's hoops team is facing a test at Madison Square Garden [Tracking the Terps]
10. Contending for an ACC title, Maryland football needs one thing: more fans [Terrapins Insider]
11. Alex Ovechkin: "Where Would I Be Without [Semin]?" [Japers' Rink]
You said it:
"He better treat her good, his dad was a roid rager from way back. If he's not home with her on time, he's gonna feel that old Gastineau sack dance on the side of his head." -- baltomorean gives relationship advice to Michael Phelps, who is reportedly dating Brittny Gastineau
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
What are the Redskins thinking by signing Donovan McNabb to a monster five-year deal?
Video of the morning:
Four minutes of Michael Vick highlights, and yes, they're all from Monday night's game