Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Hitting the links:
1. John Eisenberg's report card for the Ravens' first half [CSN Baltimore]
2. Ravens rookies have yet to start a game [Ravens.com]
3. The Ravens look better in Peter King's eyes without even playing Sunday [SI]
4. The 49ers are going to continue forward with Troy Smith [S.F. Chronicle]
5. Kevin Cowherd: Bruce Laird, Ravens' uniform officer, keeps players on their toes [
6. Peter Schmuck: Expanding the MLB playoffs is not an exceptional idea [Baltimore Sun]
7. Which bowl could land Maryland? [Terrapins Insider]
8. Three reasons for the Terps' turnaround [Baltimore Sun]
9. There are simply no more excuses for the Capitals this season [Hockey News]
You said it:
"Why would the man who was second most responsible for that Super Bowl victory, behind Ray Lewis, be booed? Marvin Lewis was certainly a great coordinator, but without Billick, the Ravens would not have held together and gone all the way that year, period." -- Ravens_Flock sticks up for Brian Billick, who participated with me in a lengthy Q&A on Friday morning
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
How will the Donovan McNabb situation shake down in D.C.?
Video of the morning:
The Oregon mascot teaches a USC cheerleader how to "duckie"