Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ray Rice: "I'm getting better every day." ... Ravens OT Jared Gaither said his doctor still hasn't cleared him to play. ... Ravens LB Brendon Ayanbadejo is itching to return from the PUP. ... Ramon Harewood had surgery on both knees. ... The Patriots traded Randy Moss to the Vikings, which means the Ravens won't face Moss next weekend. ... Roy Halladay is good at baseball.
Hitting the links:
1. Derrick Mason explains his recent media embargo [Ravens.com]
2. Mike Preston: The Joe Flacco hype is premature [Ravens Insider]
3. The Ravens are the wrong team for the Broncos to rev their running game against [Denver Post]
4. Haloti Ngata takes a humble route to greatness [AP]
5. The Ravens' stingy pass defense faces the Broncos' top-flight passing offense [Baltimore Sun]
6. Seven questions about Steelers nemesis Ben Roethlisberger [ESPN]
7. Jeff Zrebiec's 2010 Orioles superlatives [Baltimore Sun]
8. Breaking down the AL Cy Young Award [Camden Crazies]
9. Are the Orioles showing an ace with Jeremy Guthrie? [MASN]
10. The Orioles' TV audience on MASN went up 10 percent in 2010 [Z on TV]
11. Fixing Maryland Madness: How the Terps can get the excitement going again [Testudo Times]
12. Capitals owner Ted Leonsis: "We have to win a championship" [ESPN]
You said it:
"If Ray gets to tackle Tebow on Sunday, he will have made a bear talk and a Gator cry. And that's real." -- Big Daddy (not Lipscomb) on the possibility of Ray Lewis and Tim Tebow shaking the heavens in ta collision Sunday
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
So what were the Patriots thinking?
Video of the morning:
Dwight Howard and Ken Jeong team up for this bizarre music video