Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh wouldn't say Monday whether veteran cornerback Fabian Washington would get his starting job back. ... The Ravens continue to struggle with kickoff and punt returns. ... Harbaugh was pleased with the Ravens' pass rush Sunday, and he is confident the defense will tackle better. ... Blue Jays coach Brian Butterfield won't be joining Buck Showalter's staff.
Hitting the links:
1. The bye week has extremely versatile uses [Press Box]
2. The latest round of stunning results illustrates the lack of a dominant NFL team [NFL.com]
3. Mike Preston: Where have all the great NFL teams gone? [Baltimore Sun]
4. The Ravens dropped to seventh in Mike Florio's power rankings [Pro Football Talk]
5. The Ravens defense was the NFL's worst in Week 7 [USA Today]
6. Local product Aaron Maybin, who was inactive against the Ravens, is behind the Bills' 8-ball [ESPN]
7. Former Syracuse star Arthur Jones brings his easy smile to the Ravens [Syracuse.com]
8. Could Rick Kranitz end up in pinstripes? [Orioles Insider]
9. Two views of Maryland's football season [Tracking the Terps]
10. Bruce Boudreau: Injuries are no excuse for the Capitals to tail off [Washington Post]
11. GQ observed Alex Ovechkin in his natural habitat [D.C. Sports Bog]
12. The craziest Mike Tyson quotes ... said by dogs [Funny Or Die]
You said it:
"If Darrell Revis has Revis Island, would the huge expanse of real estate between Fabian Washington and his receiver be Washington State?" -- aford will not be buying a No. 31 Ravens jersey after Washington's performance against the Bills
Today's water cooler question (your response could be published in b):
Who should return kickoffs and punts for the Ravens?
Video of the morning:
Tall Justice with Chris Bosh